Pop-up flowers

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by marlingardener, Aug 7, 2022.

1. AlexFinn

AlexFinn New Seed

I absolutely love wildflowers, and they're perfect for Texas summers because they're so drought and heat-resistant. You can also consider purchasing artificial flowers, which don't require transplanting and special care, but at the same time, guarantee the beauty of your yard all year round. It's nice to see you taking the time to make your yard look beautiful - I'm sure it will be gorgeous once you're done!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2023
    Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  2. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

Don't you think plastic plants defeat the whole concept of gardening? Not only that plastic can look awful when it's been stuck out in the sun for a while. We see that happen here in the local cemetary where people leave plastic blooms on graves ....Yuk!

3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

I’ve seen the plastic plants/flowers left on graves and other displays and for small out side decor .It’s an easy/safer choice for the gardening challenged.

…. Not a single plastic flower in my garden…..

…. C473FD6B-CB82-4360-8531-F6DA4EE648B0.jpeg

Yeap …..Really….Who does that in there whole garden….

Sjoerd and Tetters like this.
  4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

@AlexFinn unfortunately, you've made this suggestion to a bunch of avid gardeners. Plastic plants are anathema to folk like us. It might be like suggesting to an avid golfer that he try miniature golf.

Advertisement
  5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

We have a few homes around on the drive to town that have plastic flowers in deck planter boxes - they keep them year round and change them out every few years. It is a little bit of sunshine for those folks in a world of sometimes six months of white. They enjoy it and it makes them happy. And although we don't indulge, we always look on our long white drive to town. It must bring them joy to look out the window and see flowers in the middle of winter.

I have a very senior friend that can't garden anymore, and she keeps a lovely pot of articial flowers...just to look at out her window and make her feel happy inside. Good on her. At one time she would have been opposed to that idea. Can't put a price on happiness. :flower::heart::stew2::stew1:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    Droopy, Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Well both of you addressed the plastic flowers exceptionally well.

Droopy likes this.