Postie With A Packie

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, May 21, 2021.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We were pruning the tops of the last of our Ring of Fire and Cayenne peppers, when the doorbell rang. It was the Postie with a packie.

A couple of weeks ago we had tried some frozen sugar snap peas. We both found that there were an inordinate number of strings in the peas, so off went a note to the company with piccies of just how many strings there had been. We apologised for the unappetising piccy that we sent, showing chewed strings collected over at the edge of the plate. Not so much in the sense of a complaint, rather an inquiry as to whether this was normal. Remember that this was the first time we had tried their frozen product.

We got a civilised answer to the e-mail apologising and saying that it was not the norm. They thanked us for informing them of the stringy situation. They told us that to make it good they would be sending us some of their products.

So then, back to the present. The doorbell went and it was the Postie with a packie for us.
    Here it is:
    7F5FE8C3-2A2F-4A40-9F5F-2EDC54E4F302.jpeg

Now isn’t that nice—six products. These people were so decent as to not string us along with excuses and false promises. The wordings were nice as well.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  2. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Fair play.

Sjoerd likes this.
  3. mart

mart Strong Ash

I don`t know what they are or what the label says but it was a nice gesture to keep customers !

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You are right Mart, it was very nice of them. It was about the decency of the business and not so much about the specific foods. It was things like beetroot blocks, corn kernels, chickpeas and that sort of thing. One new one for me was the pasta made of ground lentils and carrots.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

So glad you didn't get "strung along" Sjoerd! Companies that realize a kind gesture to customers spreads and earns loyalty and perhaps new customers is a wise company.

Sjoerd, Odif and Cayuga Morning like this.
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Too right, Jane.
    I don’t know if I will be trying those frozen sugarsnaps soon, but we will give the gifted things a try.
    My Bride wants to grow them next year. I will get the job of stringing them while processing No doubt. Ha ha. Never mind, I like the processing procedure.

Good that you caught my little string comment tucked in between things. Chapeau.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  7. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

That was very good of them. Sjoerd

Sjoerd likes this.