Prim's posies and projects

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Primsong, May 8, 2006.

1. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Yes, the tipsy pot looks great. We have a lot of a similar double daffy here. At first I kind of hated them but now I like them. Hubby still hates them. :rolleyes:

2. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

I was so tickled that I *finally* got the raised bed for the blueberries done, I just had to share a couple pics. It is going to be lined with a row of highbush blueberries to help make a green-screen between us and the neighbor on that side. Each one is a different variety (five in all) so they will ripen at different times.

This is right before I started in on it:

[​IMG]

And this is the finished project, partly planted:

[​IMG]

Also thought I'd add this one of the lupine I took yesterday - I just like how the light is coming through the leaves on it.

[​IMG]

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Prim your raised bed really is fantastic. :D You must show us how your blueberries get on once you've planted them all up and they become established. We've just bought a blueberry bush for our garden and I hope it grows well for us. I suppose I'll have to fight the birds when its fruit ripens just like I have to with my redcurrants and blackcurrants. :rolleyes:

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Lookin' good Primrose!
    I love that picture of the Lupin, especially with the red behind it. What is that red bloom?

Advertisement
  5. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Thank you! I lined the bottom with weed-screen fabric and then did a layer of pea-gravel for drainage before filling it up, so I hope it will work.

The red is from a somewhat leggy azalea a little ways down the slope, it's wonderfully bright isn't it? We really enjoy it every spring. :)