Puff balls?

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Capt Kirk, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Do they have puff balls in Europe? They are a type of mushroon and are edible. When they first appear and as long as they are white they are edible. They are solid to start out with and then turn powdery inside. Then they split and "Puff" out their spores to grow more puff balls. To fix them to eat, just peel the outer skin off of them and then slice them and then fry them in butter or margerine.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. eileen
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Yes CK we get them here too. :D Saw one once that measured about 15" across - impressive. :eek: As a kid I used to love jumping on them and watching the 'powder' puff out all over my shoes. My mother was not impressed!!!!! :D :D

4. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

:) Yummy I eat them here too. I like to fix a batter of seasoned eggs and flour to drege them in. We slice them just like home made bread before they are battered.
    I will say though that my wife who is a city girl by my way of thinking does not aprrove of some of the things I gather in the woods and fields to eat. :D :D Suits me as that leaves that much more for me.
    :D Al