Puppy from Hell Update (Nibbler)

Discussion in 'Pets' started by cajunbelle, Jul 25, 2006.

1. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

DH and DD just got back from leaving Nibbler at the vet. It is past time for his big cut. He is being neutered today. I am hoping this will seriously settle the wild thing down. DH said he made friends with all the dogs as soon as he walked in, then kissed the girl that came out to take him to the back. Will let y'all know how it goes.

2. Loading...

3. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Best of luck! Here's hoping.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Fingers crossed that it does the trick Sharon. It'll probably take a while to kick in completely though so be patient. :-D

(HEY MAYBE WE'LL SOON HAVE TO HELP YOU THINK UP A NEW NAME FOR HIM - WELL HERE'S HOPING ANYWAY!!! )

5. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Eileen, the nibbling isn't to bad on us anymore, just the furniture, flashlights,flipflops (his favorite), remote controls, and anything else that gets left in his path.

Sharon

Advertisement
  6. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

We got Fred a lot of squeaky toys. It was hard on the ears but he left everything else alone.

7. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

I hope I am wrong but if I were you I would not rely on neutering as a solution. As previously suggested lots of appropriate things to chew on should be made available. I have always crated and kennelled young dogs when they could not be supervised. If you continue to have problems there is a ton of information out there on the web. Best of luck.

muddy

8. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

I know, but thanks for the warning. He chews squeaky toys up in a matter of minutes, and a friends dog swallowed the squeaker and sounded like a frog. Besides we have Lucky, who takes everything away from him. We will muddle through this and just wait to get new furniture and carpet till this stage is over. We are hoping to fence the yard where he can stay out for longer periods, right now we have to put him on a run and it gets too hot to leave him out for extended periods. So that will help too.