Put On A Happy Face

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

It was time to apply the white shading paint again on the greenhouse. It was hard to imagine that it was already time for that. We are a couple weeks early with this weather.

Anyhow, so the glass panes had to be covered with this special "paint", but we thought that in lieu of the nasty Corona causing so much sadness in the world, perhaps seeing a smiling face in the garden every day would cheer us up as well as fellow gardeners.
    zzzbab3.jpg

Well, I did it freehand, so it isn't perfectly round, but still recognizable I think.

Right then, we are at home now and preparing din-din. You know, we are spending quite a bit at home these days, so what do we do to to make being in easier. We listen to music and sit on the balcony with tea and tablets. The Bride just put on a cd called "Dèjá" Vu, by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young...among with a couple of others. ---I said to her, "gad, those guys had such a good instrumental sound didn't they".
    "Ja jongen...ja--they sure did".

We just shook our heads and agreed, with that wistful and nostalgic-remembering look in our eyes. A little hand squeeze. We headed to the kitchen and as we prepared the evening meal we sung along every song hard and loud.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Frank, Jewell, S-H and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Cute smiley face!

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I like it! Every smiling face helps these days...

Sjoerd likes this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thank you ISLAND. I smile myself when I glance at it.
    NETTY-- I appreciate that. You are right about that.