"Rain rain go away"

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

No, not really. It was hot yesterday, bright and sunny, though thankfully not as humid as it's been. Suddenly it started to get dark, and then wham! A storm blew through out of nowhere.....or as my son said, who happened to be riding his motorcycle when it hit, "Mom, yeah, it was sunny and gorgeous one minute and apocalyptic Armageddon the next." Perhaps a bit of hyperbole there ;) but still, it was pretty intense.

Ed and I went and sat out on the porch while it was happening, and grilled us some dinner. It was SO pleasant just sitting there while the storm raged, listening to the rain hammer onto the tin roof of the nearby carport and feeling the breeze blow through. A lovely way to cook and eat our dinner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Henry Johnson, eileen and Tooty2shoes like this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love rainy days, second only to snowy days. We were forecast to get some rain yesterday but nothing happened here I guess it liked your garden better than mine.

4. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Looks like you had a lovely time :) Always different with pounding rain where you're warm and dry :) Dinner looks yummy too :)

5. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Oh my I so understand. Yesterday we had a deluge that came out of now where also. I opened the patio door and took several deep breaths of the wonderful smell and to hear the rain falling. The drops where so big I was hoping that all the Humming bird where under cover. Then in about 10mins it was over and a beautiful rainbow showed up.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We had rain yesterday, too. Fortunately we were on the bus and it quit before the bus got to our stop. Today was sunny and beautiful with a very nice temperature in the 70's. It will be nice tomorrow but thunderstorms again on Tuesday and maybe on Wednesday. Temp on Tuesday and Wednesday will be in the 60's. dooley