Rain, Rain Go Away

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

It is just raining all the time now. It is almost Biblical. I wish the rain would go away and come again some other day.

As long as I remember, the rain’s been fallin’ down. Clouds of mystery pourin’, confusion on the ground.
    54858891-518B-4F7C-AD29-3F6FF728529B.jpeg

I wonder, yes I wonder— Who’ll stop the rain.

I am not happy because someone brought a cloud and it rained on my parade. Raindrops keep fallin’ on my head, but that doesn’t mean my eyes will soon be turnin’ red. Cryin’s not for me, cause I’m never gonna stop the rain by complainin’…cause I’m free, nothin’s worryin’ me. 1B06BD27-E308-4FD4-AE18-15B013044E4B.jpeg

Yeah, I can’t beat it so maybe I’ll just start singin’ in the rain, just singin’ in the rain…what a glorious feelin’ , I’m happy again. well, they say, into each life a little rain must fall, but this is ridiculous. Some of the allotments are well and truly under water from all this rain.

Hang on a moment….wot’s that I hear? Rain ! Yep, its’s raining, it’s pouring, the old man is snoring. Ooh, I hear laughter in the rain, walking hand and hand with the one I love. Ooh how I love the rainy days, and the happy way I feel inside.
    It’s all well and good to put on a happy face, but it isn’t easy. A philosopher once said not to blame the rain , because it doesn’t know how to fall upwards.
    E193CF50-243B-4390-AFC0-501909FD97D6.jpeg

Pitter-patter, pitter-patter comes down the rain today. Clouds are forming up above, inside we’ll have to stay.

2. Loading...

3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

It can be very depressing when it rains all of the time.

Willowisp0801 and Sjoerd like this.
  4. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Sjoerd, you know a lot of songs about rain:smt043

Just remember, on your ark, dont house the chickens with the foxes, or the sheep with the wolves. And if politicians want on the ark, well OK, you can house them with crocodiles.

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hahaha— Daniel. Great comment. Will do. Of course on the way to the crocks, I shall take care not to let them jump into the water to escape…because you know what will happen, right? Yeppers, the sharks will jump our of the water to get away from them. What dows one do with an ark full of sharks then?

You are right about those rain titles and lyrics. I just started thinking and they all came streaming in.

Loggie— Yes it can, I’m just glad I have a pal like you t o keep me in a good humour. Haha.

Logan and Willowisp0801 like this.

Advertisement
  6. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Sjoerd, if maybe if the crocodiles are well fed, the'll stay away from the sharks? :sete_022:

Logan, Willowisp0801 and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hahaha…maybe.

Logan likes this.
  8. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

It's funny, I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest. I never realized how much it rained; until I moved to a state that had 4 distinct seasons. People would ask, "Doesn't it rain a lot there?" And my answer was, "I never noticed." I didn't even use an umbrella (no one did back then) until I moved here.

Logan likes this.
  9. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yes but what do you feed the crocodiles when there's only 2 of each?

Daniel W likes this.
  10. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

I always like to keep people happy.:chuckle:

Sjoerd and Daniel W like this.