Rain Storms Scared Sassy Marie

Discussion in 'Pets' started by cherylad, Mar 21, 2012.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Poor old puppy. She hates loud noises like thunder, gun shots, fireworks. Today's storm must have been a doozey!
    She had to be "home alone" since Hubby is out of town.
    Normally when I get home from work, she runs up to the truck with her toy (water bottle with rocks in it) so we can play fetch. When I got home this evening, she was whining/crying and all she wanted was to come inside and curl up in her bed (which is very unusual unless it's really cold out). She's been there all night except for a few minutes to get a drink of water and eat a little bit.
    Don't tell my boss... but I'm taking off work tomorrow to stay home with her. Poor old puppy.

stratsmom likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Kiasmum
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Shhh everyone let's keep her secret. I promise not to tell your boss Cheryl if you give poor Sassy an extra hug from me.
    Poor little girl deserves some TLC. I hope she's is back to her usual self soon.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Cheryl, no one will tell your boss you are ruled by a pup! (We all have our little furry foibles)
    Feliz is not pleased by thunder, either. And when a cat isn't pleased, ain't nobody pleased! She spent much of Monday night and Tuesday morning under the guest bedroom bed.
    We got 3" of rain. How much did you get?

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Awww, poor puppy. My dog hates thunder, guns, the garbage truck and any loud noises in general. When the quarry across the Lake blasts it scare her too. I feel bad leaving her home alone too, but next week I'm back to work :(

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ooooohhh, poor puppy. She will enjoy getting some extra attention from you today. Rambo was scared of fireworks but thunderstorms only made him a little edgy.

My oldest daughter's Springer Spaniel is so scared of thunderstorms she tries to dig her way into things...their leather recliner and both the boy's mattresses have had to be replaced over the years from her digging into them. At one house years ago, she literally clawed and chewed through the door between the kitchen and garage trying to get into the garage where she thought it would be safer. She is old and pretty deaf now so the storms don't bother her anymore.

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Jane, we got 3 inches of rain yesterday. And it's been raining softly all morning until a bit ago. I finally got Sassy to go out. She'll be fine. It was probably just her way to make me feel guilty so I'd give her more treats and attention! :-D
    And thanks everyone for keeping this a secret! :stew2:

8. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Its still a secret,lol,..luckily Hudson no longer hears thunder or fireworks and Molly being a gundog thinks its either duck or Pheasant season when the fireworks start,..but i feel sorry for poor Sassy,..they all do freak out with loud noise,..Toni relating incidents with her daughters dog really lets you know how badly dogs want to get away from the noise.