rearranging in my garden

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by AAnightowl, Feb 23, 2020.

1. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I have not gotten here in awhile to post.

I decided to take down my compost pile, and use the barrels given to me last fall for my compost. I had a nice pile of composted dirt, but it was full of roots, and some were black walnut roots. I have not yet been able to kill that tree (it was hiding in some other trees) even though we have cut it down several times. And it takes forever to get their poison out of the soil. I shoveled and raked it over into my horse's pasture to try and fill in her bog. I feed and water her by the fence, and she makes a bog there.. At least it has filled in a good part of her bog.

I am hoping to make a small greenhouse in that part of my garden this spring. I could use a greenhouse. I did get that spot leveled pretty good.

Other than that, I am way behind in the garden, and the weeds are running amok.

Various bulbs such as daffodils, lilies, and irises are up and going. My phlox have sprouted about 3/4 inch maybe. And I saw a bluebird a few days ago. I need to get my jungle gym thing back up, so he has a nesting house to move into. I doubt he can use the wren houses I put out last fall. I did haul the bird bath back and set it up yesterday. That thing is heavy!

And my grandbaby is still in NICU. Her lungs have been extremely slow, but she is gaining weight and fat as butter. She is about 7 months old already.

2. Loading...

3. adam.ca

adam.ca In Flower

sounds good, get rid of some weeds and sow some seeds! sounds like she'll pull through and before you know it she'll be digging in the dirt too.

cheers!

AAnightowl likes this.
  4. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I also forgot to mention, that yesterday while I was hanging out with my horse, it appears there was a small tornado in the back of her pasture. We had tornadoes and heavy storms in our area last fall (and a friend even had her own private tornado with much damage), and this is probably from then. There are a bunch of trees in the back that are all bent over and twisted in different directions, and they used to be straight and upright. At least my horse was not hurt by that small tornado. You cannot see this damage from my yard, so I did not know it was there.

5. mart

mart Strong Ash

Glad all is OK and the grand child is doing well !

AAnightowl likes this.
  6. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Glad to get your granddaughter is progressing!