Restaurant dress codes

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Dress codes do not exist in many places here...it's all casual...and then there are degrees of "casual" that restaurant-goers show here.
    You have the casualness of 2018; but some chaps like me live in 2018, and still behave a bit in the way that I was brought up. Those parental influences do not disappear with time.

Personally, I do not like getting choked-down for an evening meal, but a colbert with an open-necked shirt I do wear once and a while.
    Of course after 10 hours spent in the lottie, there is no way that I will first go home shower and change (it would be way too late to go back out, like in Spain)...we just pick a casual place on the way home.

I can imagine what Marlin is talking about. I have to say, that the leg story did make me smile though (I see humour in so many things that aren't actually meant to be sometimes).
    I sometimes see folks wearing things in a restaurant that I would not wear, and I do not doubt for a moment that sometimes my clothing, at that moment, may not suit everyone...but as I said--this is a very liberal society. The odd thing is that at the same time, it can be quite conservative, just not so much in the restaurant.

It is an interesting subject to me as it gives me insight to cultural nuances in other countries.

2. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

We're very relaxed here. In most restaurants you can be seated beside somebody in a suit on one side and farmer work clothes on the other. Pretty much anything goes although usually the later in the day it gets pushing 5pm the more apt you are to see people dressed up a bit more.