Roofers arrive tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by Pianolady, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

We have been waiting YEARS to get a new roof. Our's is algae covered and wavy. It got hailed on 4-5 years ago, but they didn't settle for enough money to fix everything right, so we've been waiting all this time to have it replaced. We're also getting seamless gutters.

After they're done, I plan on removing the old scroll iron porch supports and replacing with wood posts & maybe a railing. This is an OLD pic of our house (wrong colors & fence is missing), but will give you an idea of what I want to do. It really won't cost that much and could be done in a weekend.

All the dark gray trim is now white, and the roof will be multi-color gray/black.

2. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

That is going to look good. How many iron supports do you have. I saw a gazebo made from an old mesh satillite dish with five iron supports, she made a glass cupola for the top, very nice.

3. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Hoorah! It's so very nice when you can finally get something big like that done. You'll have to post us something when the job it done.