Roofing party at my house

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by koszta kid, Sep 20, 2012.

1. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Family and friends coming this weekend.So will cook up a storm Friday.Menu home made chicken plants,potato salad.baked beans.,deviled eggs +++ ???
    [​IMG]

The past 3 years been projects after projects.Last year some siding and paint.6 new windows year before.This year Put new floor in this room-not easy task. Put new sub-floor. Had to use air nailer-native lumber.So hard could not screw the ply wood in to it. Had 3 trees taken down. One was too big-other too close to house and power line. But got walnut tree -lightning hit it. Will take that down. Burned wood for 40 years. And Dh built flood wall. If we do have flash flood direct water away from house. And tore down privacy fence. It mostly to keep winter winds away. But it's good to have family that helps-like the roof.And Baby Sis and BIL are 20 years younger then us-we're 65.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. gabriel4097
      Replies:
      Views:

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Koszta kid, Sounds like a great menu! If I was closer I would come help just for the food.

Glad you have family to come help.

4. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

You've been busy! Sounds like a great dinner. Your house color looks much like our new color.

5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

When I saw your house-thought same thing. My house when we first bought it . It was (((Pink))) and green roof.Want to find some trim at house Redo center.Ones that had taken from houses being taken down.

Advertisement
  6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Bil said he would teach DH how to make the trim. Since we have bousch router. I priced new on line. One piece was $700. But got salads made. And will bread chicken in a while.Will take plenty of pictures.Niece said will help set up new CP.

7. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

We are all done-Yeah. They didn't have me on roof. We fed shingles to them.Son's friend came and helped. Meal went well. Had lot of fun.

carolyn likes this.
  8. Stevia

Stevia New Seed

The color of your house is very decent and elegant. And the menu seems quite delicious, you can add a bit of salad options too.

9. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

this was 2 years ago. Bil and Sis doing the roofing. Us feeding shingles from back side. When Dh and his 2 friends did this many years ago. Had to tear off 3 layers. I got to pick up and throw into dumpster.

[​IMG]

10. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

So how long did the whole roofing job take? It's so wonderful you have so much help. You are lucky.

11. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

That side took 1 day.Bil use to work for Roofing company.We helped them when they remodeling BIG add on.But now he Flips houses.Going there today.He gutted guest bathroom.Heated floor and tils.