Rose resurrection

Discussion in 'Trees, Shrubs and Roses' started by marlingardener, Apr 24, 2021.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Mother Nature had pity on us. The big Nacogdoches rose, we thought, was killed by the snow/freeze that we experienced in February. We cut it down to about 18 inches, preparing to dig it out.
    This morning we saw two blooms! It is coming up from the root and we had two lovely yellow roses. Own-root roses are hardy, and Nacognoches is one of them!

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm so glad your rose has survived and is in flower for you. I'm optimistic that mine will all have come through the winter too as I would hate to lose them.

Logan and Sjoerd like this.
  4. mart

mart Strong Ash

My climbing rose is also coming back !

Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.
  5. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good news all around!

Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Great news Jane. It is hard to get my head around that you have roses in bloom at the moment. I just shake my head and say, “ you’re a lucky so- ‘n- so”.

I am so jealous ‘n so envious.
    Jane, your thumbs are so green that when you chop down a rose plant to remove, it grows and even blooms, for goodness sake.

I say that you are so lucky...but actually you are so talented. How talented are you? You are SO talented that you are successful even when you are not trying to be. So there!

So then, where do So-‘n-So’s get this talent from anyway? I guess that in the first place, they are so lucky to have been born with the “So DNA”, then they are so lucky to be So in all that they do. So you see, they reap what they sow, so long as they keep doing what they do so well.

Their so-ness rubs off on those around them too, doesn’t it. For instance, we are so fortunate to have her as a co-member on here. I, for one, so look forward to her so interesting and entertaining posts. I also try and be so good as I can be in the garden. It is so rewarding.

So mates, if you want to drench yourselves in Jane’s so-ness a bit further, check out her blog and delight yourselves with her oh, so insightful and so entertaining posts. They make me laugh so hard that my sides almost split. Yikes, that would be so messy. Yuk.

I wonder how she keeps her so-ness at such high levels, perhaps its the soda crackers? So, right then—it is so time to give it to rest. You must be so tired of this sojourn through Jane’s ever so so-’n-so-ness, as it has already been recognised by you through the years...no doubt. Chapeau to a great member.
    Thanks so much, Jane .

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh Sjoerd, you are too, too kind. I don't mention my multiple failures, and I read a lot of gardening books. Also, I rely heavily on advice and tips from GardenStew members. I am lucky!

Dirtmechanic and Sjoerd like this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You are such a nice lady, Jane.

Dirtmechanic likes this.