Round 1 of cherry picking....

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Pianolady, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

It's so nice to have helpers...son and I took the lower limbs of the tree, and hubby took the ladder. We were finished picking cherries in no time. My mil got me a cherry stoner for Christmas last year, and what a help that was. Today's pickings netted 6 pounds of cherries...yum. Will have another round to pick later in the week, and then the bigger tree ripens soon after. Thankfully, both trees don't ripen at the same time.

2. Loading...

3. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Enjoy! Our cherries are getting there but not quite ripe, though we're beginning to be able to see the little bits of nice bright red among the leaves. Do you can them?

4. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Ohhhh! I love cherries!!! I wish I could have a cherry tree here!! I am allergic to strawberries!! While everyone is eating strawberries I get to eat cherries!! Yum!!!!

5. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

I freeze mine & use them for pies. 2 pounds of cherries per pie. I have a scale that weighs them, and I throw them into gallon freezer bags, pre-measured and ready to go for the pies.

We don't bother with jams or jellies...it's got to be cherry pie. I'll post the recipe on a separate post.

http://www.gardenstew.com/viewtopic.php?p=13365#13365

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Mmmmm sounds delicious PL. Do you think you could bake a cherry pie for all us Stewers? An extra big one? Pretty please :rosy: