saga of April's trailer

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by aprilconnett, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

It's great the way people always have stuff laying about that is of no use to them while at the same time would be really useful to someone else i.e. the panelling :)

The excitement comes through in your post April and we are also excited for you.

Oh yeah $78 for a tub ain't half bad!

2. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Thanks for the update April. God always provides doesn't he.

3. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Wow, you'll be doing the fun bit (decorating!) soon! They make you do a 300$ order just to stay a rep?!?!?! Man, glad the company I rep for doesn't require that, I'd have had to drop it by now!
    We'll have to have a virtual housewarming party soon, maybe all ship you some seeds for your new yard, eh?

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

That's a great idea Mary. Let us know when you are ready April. Even if you can't get them planted this year you will have them for next year.

Advertisement
  5. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Sounds like you are in the homestretch. A housewarming sounds like fun. Count me in! 8)

6. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

Thanks for all of the encouragement.

I love the idea of a housewarming. You guys are all so great!! Sunday was my birthday, and the lady we are living with got me a big bag of potting soil. HaHa!

Once we actually get moved in, the work should go faster. We can do a little bit in the evenings. Now, by the time Hubby gets to school at 6:45 am, then tutors until 6:30 pm, it's all we can do to get "home" in time for dinner. BY the time we finish eating, it's around 8:00 and since bedtime is 10:00 at the latest, there is no weekday work happening.

I'm hoping he'll work on building the kitchen cabinets first. But we'll see. We'll have the stove and fridge, the table and a moveable island. We may have to wash dishes in the bathroom sink, though, until we at least get a sink cabinet. Of course, we could probably hook up the dishwasher. . . I hope the rest of you are laughing at this kitchen scenario, because the humor is not lost on us, either. :D :D

About the SU! order. As a demonstrator, I have to sell $300 every quarter. Usually, it is not a big deal. I have a group that meets once a month. We make stuff, they place orders. Unfortunately, because of the trailer, that group has been put on hold. Back in December, I was able to get an order together from folks at school, but not this time. Now I will have until June 30 to sell $300 worth of Stampin'Up! product. I hope to start the meetings again in May. OK, maybe June, but then I won't have to do the entire order by myself.

7. CritterPainter

Heres an early housewarming present! If you go to www.coffee-mate.com you can get a coupon for a free bottle of coffee creamer to help you with those late-night remodeling cups of coffee!

8. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

9. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

Latest Update:

Yippee!!! We have the water heater!!! :-D OK, so it's not hooked up, yet. But we have it!! :-D :-D

10. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Great news!!! :D Hope it gets hooked up soon. Is there much more still to do?

11. CritterPainter

Congratulations on getting into hot water! Hope you can treat yourself to a little bottle of bubblebath to celebrate!

12. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

We have to hook up the plumbing stuff (water heater, tub, toilet) and get a fridge. Then the trailer will be livable! :-D

We are so close now that I am getting antsy to get out of our friends' home. I can't wait to be in my own place again! :-D

13. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Glad everything is looking up for you April, I know you are anxious to get in your own home.

14. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm off on holiday soon (3rd to 15th May) but it would be fantastic to hear that you are in your own home by the time I get back. I'm keeping my fingers tghtly crossed for you. :-D

15. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

Thanks, everyone!

I love this group!! If I don't hsve internet by the time school lets out, I don't know what I'll do! :-D
    It's so funny; Wwhen I don't work for a few days, I get all anxious, 'cause I can't check my forums. My husband laughs at me.