saga of April's trailer

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by aprilconnett, Feb 16, 2007.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I'm so glad to hear you got a hotwater heater.It won't be long now.I know it will be nice to have your little family all to yourself.

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Very happy you are about to reach your goal April. There is nothing like your own place ;)

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

April, it does sound like you are almost home. I know it will feel so nice having your own place and privacy.

As far as internet this summer, does your local public library have computers available for use by the public?
    If so, you can probably check the forum from there and won't have to go thru withdrawal all summer.

4. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

the latest . . .

We have running water!!!!! it's not wired yet, but who needs HOT water. I actually got to use the bathroom in my trailer!! YAY!!!!!

The ($85) fridge is plugged in for the bottled water.

My stamp area has 4 coats of magnetic paint and is awaiting the cahlkboard paint. The tub is hooked up to the (cold) water and the drain is in place. the bathroom sink is working. The kitchen has cut off valves until we get the base cabinets and sink in.

Oh, oh!! I was out yard-saling with a friend last weekend, and guess what we found! We found 5 wall cabinets for $2.50 each. Of course, they are in the trailer just waiting to be put up. Our friends we are staying with ahve cabinet under their carport that they never use. In fact, they forgot they were there. The ones in good condition will finish up the wall cabinets in my trailer.

We just have to catch the guy who has the stove (and the tiller). He works ALL the time, so getting ahold of him is the only challenge. I told hubby that since Thursday id payday, we could just get a hot plate and that work for me. We are borrowing a microwave til we can get one that goes over the stove. (the old got dropped when were moving out of the house. I thunk hubby did it on purpose. He hated that old thing.lol.)We can get to the toaster oven. I think we will be just fine with only one burner!

Ok, that's it for now. thanks, guys!

Advertisement
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You're coming on in leaps and bounds now aren't you? It must be so exciting when you find things for the trailer that don't cost a fortune as it leaves more money for other things. You must post some piccies to let us see when everything is complete.
    When do you think you'll be moving in? I think we should organise a cyber party for you April when you do!!!! :D

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Sounds like great progress April! Yup, we'll have to have you a cyber house warming!

7. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Sounds like things are really coming around for y'all April, I'm so glad.

8. glendann

I'm so glad you can at least say in something of your own.You can always heat water on the hotplate for you baths.I'm glad its all coming together.Hot plates can be bought wirh two burners and that would help.Electric skillets work well with hamber helper:) I've been there.

9. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

Thanks everybody!

10. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spent our first night in the trailer Friday!!!

Saturday morning the cable was here; we have digital cable and road runner. I am on hubby's school provided laptop right now.

Still needs a LOT of work, but we are in! YAY!!!!

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

April congrats on being in your home at last. I know how relieved you must be at finally getting in, now comes the gardening.

12. glendann

I am so glad to hear you are in your trailer.I know you are feeling much much better.It will be so much better than living with friends.I know they are ood friends but home is where the heart is.

13. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

[​IMG] on spending the first night in your new home. Onwards and upwards!!!! :D

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

:smt041 Hurray!!!
    Congratulations April! I'm so glad that it's all over and you have moved in.
    Now you see...it was worth it!!

15. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

You go girl, I am so happy for you and your family. By next spring you will have flowers blooming all over the lace, what zone are you in?