I am sure that you guys recall the thread about my facial bee sting and subsequent water ballet, right. My pride is still bruised, but be that as it may, the show must go on—that hurdle still needed replacing the collection of stuff that we need from time to time . Now for some old pics from when we made the original out of willow branches. First the stuff that I was talking about: I really cannot do without this stuff. It’s all necessary...alluvvit! Then that fresh, new hurdle made from the very freshest willer switches. I found it lovely to look at. Now then, some eight years later, the state of that lovely bit of handiwork: There it lies, unceremoniously cast aside. It resides on the old wood collection pile to be chipped-up at a later date. I think everyone will agree that its best days are behind us now. Poor thing. It’s like loosing an old friend. I can still recall when it began loosing it’s marvellous colour. Then there was the “accident”, but today the new screen went in. Here it is then: It looks alright, but will not last long in this climate. We are already making plans for its replacement. We are guessing it may last two years, max before it begins to melt away. Well, rot away then. Now then, for those of you who may be interested to see the process of making a willow hurdle...here is my original link. It is a long posting where a couple of hurdles are shown. https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/how-to-make-a-woven-willow-hurdle-screen.27996/ Thanks for your support and well-wishes after that little thing that happened a few days ago. I am trying to screen that out now and moving forward.