Season's almost over.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I'm making the most I can with the end-of-season flowers in the garden. I love decorating with flowers in any season! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Philip Nulty, Frank, Sjoerd and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Those displays would bring a smile to anyone especially at this time of year. The coleus is really lovely.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

Ronni, I am REALLY!! impressed with your pics in this thread..
    Y
    ou have some very good equipment AND SUPER skill behind the lens... Those may be the best pics I've seen on any forum..
    Hank

Philip Nulty likes this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Absolutely gorgeous fotos and beautiful flowers.
    I LIKE this posting!

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thanks, all.

Wow Hank thanks. I'm very flattered.

I'm a little embarrassed though, in light of such praise, to confess that it's just my iPhone camera and some judicious editing of the images...a bit of cropping where the image wasn't framed just right, adjusting the color where it was a bit washed out or dark, that kind of thing. No fancy equipment, not a whole lotta skill either. :oops:

Philip Nulty likes this.
  7. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Wow, Nice iPhone Ronni. Would never know it wasn't taken with a good camera. Great flowers too. Especially at this time of year..

Ronni and Philip Nulty like this.
  8. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Great photo's! and more than just photo editing. You have a great 'eye' for colors and form. I enjoyed seeing them. :)

Philip Nulty likes this.
  9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Ronni,..beautiful pictures,.. every one,..each one could be used on a very expensive greeting card,..chocolate box or gardening magazine :like:

10. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thanks Barb and Philip :D

Barb, my iPhone is really amazing for taking photos...for those of you who are camera buffs, it's a 12-megapixel camera Autofocus, Optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, shoots Panorama shots up to 63 megapixels.

It has an ƒ/2.2 aperture, Five-element lens, 5x digital zoom, Hybrid IR filter, Auto image stabilization, Noise reduction and Face detection. And a variety of other features which I didn't want to bore you with. Packs quite a punch for a cell phone camera, more features and better photos than my last point and shoot camera which cost a couple hundred.

Thanks for this....I really enjoy the composition aspect of photos, and I guess that's what you're talking about. Not that there was much composition in the ones I took here, other than maybe moving the vase over a bit to capture more of the surroundings, or adjusting the blinds so a shot wasn't so backlit...that kind of thing. And part of that composition too is just the "decorating" part of putting those flowers out, finding the right place for this vase or that jar, so that its color and form in both vase and flowers compliment where I'm putting it, or vice versa.

I love the whole process. Taking the actual picture is almost mundane after working to set up the shot itself! Though oftentimes, with action shots (like with the grandkids) it's luck more than anything else.

Philip Nulty likes this.