She Had A Luminous Idea

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well, it is pouring with rain over here. Wind and rain.lovely...not! Actually I am still letting my back heal after my failed attempt to emulate the Nazrani.

I am improving too slowly for myself, but it is what it is and time does heal many things, so I must be patient. Gurrrr.

Right then, what can we get up to on a day like this? My Bride had a luminous idea—Replace the light ball underneath the ceiling fan in the multi media room. She initiated the search and was the one to come up with only two choices.

Only two?!, you may think. It has to do with the shape of the glass and the diameter of the fitting. You can buy bags of lights, but they have their own fittings and own diameters. She had a clear idea of what she wanted and I was thinking along the same lines. But when it got to the only two choices I sort of vacillated back and forth from one minute to the next. We did arrive at a decision finally and ordered the thing.

We must have said a hundred times to each other—“I wonder what the actual size will look like?” You see, the glass bit is not like a ball, nor is it squarish...it has a sort of pine cone shape. Yeah, it had to be different.

So we were still wondering how we could get a better idea of that new glass lamp cover. Then a light went off in my Bride’s head: her tablet is the diameter of the new glass cover would be. So then, why not go to the website, take a screen capture and then enlarge the foto to the edges of the tablet screen. I would then hold up the tablet screen in front of the existing ball and the Bride would then take a piccy of that. Below is the result:
    7AC14A00-2D50-436E-94BF-140A7D55C434.jpeg

Wasn’t that a great idea? I’m telling you, she comes up with some capital ideas.

Ah, but the daylight hours weren’t yet over...we could still wash some windows. The contracted guys came and washed the outside of the windows a couple of days ago. They do this five times a year, I believe. We did the windows in the multi-media room and in the changing room. We will do the upstairs tomorrow, bedroom and balcony— a lot of glass.
    I said “we”; but I must have had a mouse in my pocket, as I did not do much with my sore back. She did the most of the work, I just did the frames and windowsills.

Anyway mateys, the good ship Spaghetti Bolognaise is floating into our harbour this evening and I have the appetite big.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. S-H
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

That light fixture is lovely! We have lights on each of our fans, but they are just round blobs or three armed fixtures with shades. I envy you your new fixture, and yes, your wife is brilliant (after all, she married you didn't she?)..
    A sore back is such a pain and limits activity and movement. I know, because each time something comes up that I don't want to do, I complain of a sore back. Yours is actual, mine is "manufactured," and pretty soon folks are going to catch on to my ruse. Time will heal, just please do not force things by trying to do too much too soon.

Growingpains likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You say that light is attractive, but you do realise it was a picture on the tablet, right? The real lamp still has to come, right?
    About the shape though— yeah, the Bride was not happy with the globe that is on there now, and she has wanted to replace it for a long time. She is over the moon that we ordered it. Let’s hope that it will be as nice as she thinks it will be.

We had to chuckle with your back excuse. What a great idea. Cackle. I won’t tell a soul. Oi pwomis.

No worries about my back, I shan’t over do it...I will perform calculated actions.
    BTW, she liked your compliment and sends thanks.

Growingpains likes this.
  5. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

I'm amazed that both of you conjured up a way to get your idea across.
    I would never think of that. It will be lovely. I can tell already.
    Seriously Sjoerd, do not push your limit on your healing. You could make it worse. Is there an exercise plan for how far you should work it each day?
    You have an exceptional Bride, willing to do the harder part of the windows, just to spare your poor injured back.
    Happy healing and a photo of the actual light cover soon?

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks for your concern. There is no specific plan, I just do what I can each day. It is improving. I appreciate my Bride. Its a role reversal with this task.
    I will definitely post a piccy when it arrives...with the weekend, it will be a coupla days still.

Growingpains likes this.
  7. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

You and your Bride are a blessed couple to have each other.
    Happy Monday!

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

6C1A28EB-28DF-4C79-B795-7648229DB38A.jpeg It came in this morning.

Growingpains likes this.
  9. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

That is really beautiful! Not what I expected, but totally beautiful!

Sjoerd likes this.