Should I join social media?

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Islandlife, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

Over twenty years ago I bought my wife her first mobile phone, just for emergencies. The shop salesman showed her how it worked. Then asked her if she had she any questions.

"Yes, how do you turn it off?"

"Off?"

Logan and eileen like this.
  2. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

I have a cell, although my number is still a Tacoma number. My granddaughter had it memorized and I chose to not make her re-memorize. I used it a lot when we first moved here to drive her to school, get to work, go to the store, you know all that silly day to day stuff that we needed to do. I haven't had a land line for probably 17 years. A few years ago I got a second one for a house phone. At that time I was starting to leave my granddaughter home alone and I wanted a way to call and check on her.
    Last school year was the first year I let her walk to her uncle's house after school, by herself. So that phone is now her phone. Both phones are old, she has an iPhone 8 (I think it is, it was refurbished), and my Android was new in 2018. But they still work. I don't do Facebook, or any of those other things, but I do watch certain YouTube channels. My garden wouldn't be half of what it is without MIGardener.
    I just think you do what you're comfortable with. This tablet is what I have problems with, but I have my granddaughter to help me navigate it.

eileen likes this.
  3. bostavan

bostavan New Seed

I think joining social media can be a lot of fun and a great way to connect with friends and family. It's also a platform where you can share your interests, hobbies, and even make new friends. However, it's important to remember that social media can sometimes be overwhelming or even addictive, so finding a balance is key. Personally, I use Instagram to promote the stuff I sell.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2023
    eileen likes this.
  4. Odif

Odif Young Pine

My point is simply that garden stew is already social media and my answer to joining Facebook, is probably no because we have the stew, use it purely for commercial means. The best thing about it is finding people from your past.

Advertisement
  5. ghostvoshe

ghostvoshe New Seed

The question of whether to join social media is a personal one and depends on your objectives. Social media can be a powerful tool for various purposes, such as connecting with friends and family, networking, promoting your business, or simply staying informed about current events.

6. ghostvoshe

ghostvoshe New Seed

If you do decide to join social media, it's important to consider how you want to engage with your audience.