"Sight " therapy

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Pinkiered, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

I was wondering around the yard this morning, thiking about things. Ive been doing that alot in the last few days. My gardens and plants are my passion so this is pretty hard to take in.

Recently Ive been neglecting them...ALOT!At one point even was thinking of who I could send my plants too that I know would care for them. :'(

And as I wondered around something caught my eye...well several things. As I was looking at the many different surprises my plants have given me this morn, Im am NOT giving up gardening! I love it, Im good at it and my plants love me!!

Heres some of my surprises this morning around my yard.

My dwark cannas are in bloom again!! I didnt even know they were getting ready too!
    The light pink one
    [​IMG]

the hot pink one
    [​IMG]

More leaves on my "red" rescued rose
    [​IMG]

A BUD ON MY "GREEN" RESCUED ROSE!!! :eek: :eek: And to think that just last week, I thought it would die!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my biggest surprise of all.....my lemon tree (the one I thought would just die off) is in BLOOM!!!!!:D :D
    [​IMG]

And it seemed that Mother Nature knew my thoughts and feels cuz this little guy landed on my Passion Vine right next to me and let me take several pics of him and get pretty close to it before it finally flew away.

[​IMG]

I would miss all this if I gave up gardening! Nothing makes you feel more rewared than when your gardens surprise for a job well done.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sherry8
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Droopy
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Pinkie when you mentioned in your blog that you were considering giving up gardening I was saddened because that would mean that you would maybe not feel as at home here as you are now. So to read this thread and to see that you NOT GIVING UP I'm doing a happy dance :sete_056:

Don't let anything keep you away from it or away from us here :smt023 I know you can do it!

4. bethie

bethie Young Pine

You can't give up something that gives you so much joy. Your butterfly is a gulf fritillary. He's laying eggs near the tips of your passion vines. See if you can find some. Passion vines are their exclusive larval food plant. 8)

5. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Glendann bless her heart told me about something her friend had told her. Theres something called Moisture Proofing. Its a over the counter spray that you spray on and it creates a barrier on your skin that blocks contact of sweat from the skin!!! :eek:

I cant find it here but I have my mom in North Fl looking, my best freind in Southern TX looking, a freind in CA looking, my grandmother in IN looking, another friend in NY looking and a aunt in NH looking, sister in law in CO looking, hubbys uncle in WY looking , hubbys grandmother in NV looking , a aunt of his in Southern FL looking, and a ex boyfriend in WI looking....I just called or emailed everyone last night about it and I have yet to hear back from anyone if they found it or not.

LOL I WILL find it!!!! That would be a god sent!!

Advertisement
  6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I too will call my drugest here and get him looking if we don't have it.My friend told me about it.She also said that she saw a show on TV about twin girls in the UK that has this allergy so bad their skin falls off if a drop of water hits them.She was looking Stew over and saw Denees blog .She said these girls have a cream that is on them all time to keep water away.Frank
    please see if you can find anything like it there.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I'll see what I can do Glenda :smt023

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Oh don't even think of not gardening Denee.That is just you.Without gardening you wouldn't be you.
    I love the Passion vine .I am suppose to have a red and a Purple one .They are still small .I have them climbing my new birdhouse post.

9. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Hey Pinkie!! I hope we can find that spray for you!! I know Aunt Glenda is on the lookout for it but I will be also!! We have to find something for you and hopefully this spray will do the trick!! We would be a sad bunch here at the Stew without you!! Please don't let this illness keep you from the thing you love the most GARDENING!! We all love you here and can't do without you girlie!! I know it has to be hard to go through this and we are all here to lend a hand and a shoulder!! Between the bunch of us we will get this fiqured out for you!!

10. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Oh I forgot to tell you your pics are beautiful!!! I love the one with your passion vine and the butterfly!! I see another pic of the month!!lol!

11. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

OK, Denee, I missed something, why would you even consider giving up gardening.What is the skin problem? Hope everything is alright. What did I miss?

12. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Its in my blog Sharon. I have an allergy to water.