slugs slugs slugs and more slugs

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by lukeypukey, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

KK & Lukey--What a good idea! I think I will try it, but I will be using the flashlight to whack the mosquitos!

2. Mrs. Hankshaw

Mrs. Hankshaw Seedling

I have slugs too, I think I'll use the flashlight trick tonight. I've been using pepper garlic spray but and it's been deterring the pests some but not all the way.

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

We've got slugs aplenty, and I divide them on sight, which is not a pretty sight. :D I also use slug bait, slug traps and the resident hedgehogs when they deign to pay us a visit.

We haven't got as many snails, but when I find them, I gather them in a bucket, empty it on the tarmac and do a little tap dance. Then I hose the gory remains into the gutter.

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I used to murder earwigs until I read that they can kill off a colony of aphids in one night. Now I leave them be and have less aphids. The birds snack on the earwigs, so it's a win-win situation. :D

Advertisement
  5. Mrs. Hankshaw

Mrs. Hankshaw Seedling

Used the beer trick last night and it was a rousing success! Caught at least 20 huge ones and a few babies. Doing it again tonight.