Snail and slugs where are they all?

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by glasfryn, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We just call them, "naaktslakken". I've never heard the term "Iberia" mentioned, but I'll greet them in Spanish the next time I see them and see if I get a response, Droopy ;) actually, I believe that the most common ones in my plots are the "Arion rufus"
    Seriously tho... I do not knowe the proper names for them We have red ones and black ones, and they both can get quite long. They are voracious. The sara of thew foto was nothing compared to the size of the area covered.

Glasfryn, it sounds like you have a good armament of anti-slug measures to combat them..successful too, by the sounds of things.

I have never actually thought od eating these devils...hmmmmm on a spit, you say?

Yes, I know the beer traps work. There are so many possibilities and most of them actually DO work, it's just that there are too many slugs. chuckle.

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Boa slugs (Limax Maximus Limacidae) can get up to 20 cm long. That's nearly 8 inches.

Link

CritterPainter, I like you idea for the slugs! :D But if this slug is what I think the hedgehogs won't eat them because they're too tough. They just chew on them a little before dropping them.

3. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Gosh Critterpainer that sure is some diet.
    I did not even try 'escargot' yet -
    We also call those buggers 'naakte slakke'
    20 cm long snails - my small doggie, SNoopy would probably run away coming face to face with such a huge monster. :D