Snow Again ?!?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Clay_22, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

At work looking out the window watching a snow shower. Is spring ever going to get here ? :stew2:

2. Loading...

3. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

If it's any consolation we had sleet and snow for a few hours this week.Now we have more rain than for months and the forecast for next week is for temps below freezing again :rolleyes: It's hard to plan for gardening isn't it...

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Spring hasn't found its way here either Clay. Everything here is white with more to come. If spring turns up in your area tell it I'm still waiting for it to visit me.

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Yep, maybe there is something to this global warming....soon, real soon!

So glad I have the greenhouse to go to. I have planted tomatoes twice now...all the pink ones got chewed off by pill bugs! :scheming: I will have to start new pink ones and this variety was a little expensive :(

Advertisement
  6. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Spring is not officially here, so there is no need to light the fire under the groundhog stew pot yet. Phil said 6 more weeks, he has a few more days to straighten everything out. I have my seeds all lined up ready to plant at 7:03 as spring starts 7:02 A.M. (EDT) on March 20, 2013. Ladies and gentlemen get ready to start your cultivators.

Jerry

No!! No!! Put the matches away!! :)

7. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    All I can say is "Brrrrrrrr". Hope you get some more moderate weather sooner than later.

8. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I can relate Clay. Spring weather has not really arrived for me, oh, we've had little tastes of it. A day here or there when the mercury has risen into the 50s or 60s. But the forecast doesn't look too promising for warm days for a while. Patience...

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I have a little spring here.My rose of Sharons are leafing out.My little Redbud is blooming and the plum trees have bloomed.I feel it is close to Spring here in Texas.

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

We're to get snow Monday.I hope not much.But can remember snow storm in april-25 inches +. Took all most a week to roads open.This was 35 years ago.

11. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

We had snow here too. Last Saturday (16.03) I went to check up on things and all flower garden was covered in snow.
    By 12 o'clock there were only patches of snow left (except for the parts in the shade).
    But during the night it froze again.
    Feel sorry for the already blooming flowers, but a little bit more for the hundred of apricot buds (not open, so maybe they still have a chance?)

12. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Think have gotten spoiled above normal temps last winter.But need moisture. Did get snow but just a dusting.

13. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Yug! Global warming, I think not. We are suppose to get more #### today. About 2-4" and then it's going to get colder. Colder-20 something degrees is cold enough. I am going to protest Mother nature about all of this. :-x Like Koszta we got spoiled last year when out temps at this time were in the 60s. :eek:

14. Ctpumpkin

Ctpumpkin New Seed

I m so behing in the pumpkin patch its making me crazy...lol. I need to take soil tests, till, etc...lol

15. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

It looks like a lot of the Stewbies are weather challenged this year. :( I hope for a warm summer but I'm not holding my breath.