So I did a little wandering around my yard today.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by toni, May 6, 2009.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Can't work in the garden, the sun has been out for only about 30 minutes since last week so the black clay is still soggy with the almost 5 inches of rain we have had recently. So I wandered and took pictures.

I bought this Hydrangea on the sale table last fall, no tag with name info or color...but it appears to be a white one ;) It is still very short, only about 12inches tall for now.

[​IMG]
    unknown Hydrangea ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

This is the north bed. Just about a year ago it was nothing but grass and that Rosemary bush on the upper far right. Now that the perennials are a good size I can get the mulch on the bed to make it look really good.

[​IMG]
    What a year ago was nothing but grass ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Another angle ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Yet another angle ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

The yellow Lilies are beginning to open and try as I might I could not get it to come out from behind the Orange one.

[​IMG]
    Yellow Lily hiding under Orange Lily ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. EJ
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. playtime8978

playtime8978 In Flower

Thank you for taking us for a stroll around your garden it is beautiful and the lilies are absolutely gorgeous. your little hydrangea is lovely, I hope it grows well for you.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Looking good Toni! You never did say how the Postman took to your training! It must have worked because I don't see a path in there.
    Lovely Lily's :)

5. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

I do love to daydream around other peoples gardens. Is the large red leafed plant a Canna lilly?

Advertisement
  6. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Your beds are looking good, Toni. I guess our seasons pretty much run the same as my lilies are just starting to bloom too. Love the orange and yellow combination.

7. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Toni, I love love LOVE that lily picture. The colors, the shapes, it looks like a painting. The purple behind the yellow and orange -- the word dynamic comes to mind. I'd like to paint this at about 4' x 4'! Not to leave out your other beauties -- they're lovely too. But the lily picture really caught my attention.
    Daisybeans.

8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You have done well with that bed along the driveway....and those lilies are supurb.
    What a good gardner you are, Toni

9. toni

Thanks for liking my garden. When the Mint Marigold, Obedient Plant, Asters and a few others start filling in the empty spaces when the temperature gets hotter I am hoping that is a mass of colors.

Yes, EJ, that is a Canna. I got 10 of them two summers ago thru my rEcycleDFW list so I don't know which one but the blooms are a dark red.

Netty, I forgot to mention earlier that the mail carriers did finally figure out that they had to use the driveway and sidewalk. They still cut thru the neighbors yard as soon as they get past my garden. What remains to be seen is what they do this winter when everything has gone dormant and they think their path is open again. I think I will make more signs before then just in case.

10. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Toni the Lilies are a beautiful color combination. Absolutely gorgeous. Your hard work has really paid off in you garden. It is looking really good.

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Your yard is doing so good toni.I like the lilies so much too.I'm glad you got the mailman stopped.Your canna is really pretty too.

12. blank6262

blank6262 New Seed

very very nice gardens and I also am in love with the beautiful lilies looks like a pic in a magazine

13. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

I remember when you was digging that area in the north up. That has turned out great! A lot of hard work obviously paid off. looks good, real good!

14. smiles4sunshine54

smiles4sunshine54 New Seed

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing

15. toni

Thanks for the nice comments. After everything fills in later this summer I will be able to see any bare spots that require me make the sacrifice of a trip to the garden center. ;)

I love that photo of the Lilies too. I don't know why the camera read the background as purple because in real life there is no purple there. But it does add to the color contrast.

16. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Your garden's a delight to see, toni. I do like that yellow lily with the spots inside, it looks like somebody spray painted it. :D