My soil block journey had come to a conclusion for me with a yummy lunch OK I harvested all the mustard green this morning and they were beautiful. All 8 plants were harvested and have a total weight of 2.5kg. Two plants were used for lunch, "Gai Choy Rice" Yum!!! It is a all in one pot rice. One plant is sitting in the fridge waiting to be eaten - most probably stir fried with something. The rest were pickled for use later. Washed and halved. Salted and dehydrated. Pickling on the counter ready by this weekend. Before arriving at this point of the journey I first made some changes to the soil mixture because I find that my original mix dry up too fast and is very compact. After trying some other materials I came up with a new mix which can hold more water and not that compact. Now I make use of 1 part garden soil, 1 part compost, 1 part cocopeat and suitable amount of water. I find that this is the best mix for me. I had used it for 3 batches of green vegetables (totally 70 plants) which is now growing in the beds and soon ready to be harvest. Using soil blocks really helped me saved a lot of space. Usually for a batch of 21 plants I would need the space of at least 2 trays but with soil blocks 1 tray is more than enough with space to spare Normally in 1 tray I can only put in 15 plastic cups. With soil block I have 25 blocks in a tray and the trays are the same size. I can have more blocks in a tray if I want to. The best part is that after transplanting I only have the tray to wash and this save me a lot of time. Transplanting is also easy and fast. So in conclusion from now it is soil blocks for me.