Some bunnies and a dog (I made)

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by tschnath, Jun 28, 2008.

1. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

The one bunny without a ribbon on it's neck I made a while ago for my DD#2 (who's 4) but I hadn't taken any pics of it yet so I included in this shot. This was the first one I did. My DD already took the ribbon off her neck.

The dog and other bunny I made for my nieces 2 kids. Her son is 4 and her daughter was born this past Jan. I had worked on them and sort of stopped for a while because I got busy with other stuff but finally finished them today. YEAH! I'm going to see her tomorrow so I thought I should get my act together. They turned out pretty good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

donna in nc likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Terry, no pictures came through for me! Maybe I did something wrong when I opened the post!

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

OK, I logged off and back on! Think my computer was running 'backwards'! Those are so cute. Do you make a lot of crafts? You really did a great job! ;)

5. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

hehe those are cute :D

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

You're very talented Terry, I especially like the dog :) Where did you learn to make stuffed animals?

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Those are lovely! Any child would be delighted by one of those. Well done. :D

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love your 'spotty' rabbits and that little dog is just soooo cute. Did you make them for anyone special?

9. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

"Do you make a lot of crafts?"

Gaylyn, I wouldn't say a lot but I like to sew. I always wish I had more time so I could sew more.

"Where did you learn to make stuffed animals?"

Frank, these are actually from a pattern I bought. I'm going to trace them to a non-rip pattern paper though because I can see myself making many of these to donate to a local hospital for the kids. I think they are cute. There was also a bear on this one but I haven't made him yet.

"Did you make them for anyone special?"

Eileen, yes, the first bunny with no neck ribbon was for my DD#2 (who's 4) and the dog and other bunny were for my nieces kids (a son that 4 and a daughter born this past Jan.).

Thanks all for the nice comments.

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

You do good work. I make teddy bears myself. Don't you receive satisfaction when you get one finished? Sometimes I hate to part with them. One that I gave my grandson lost a leg. I don't have to wonder why. I received a package in the mail with a note that said, "Grandma, will you fix my bear." Well, of course, grandma fixed his bear. Your children will so enjoy them. dooley

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

They are so cute and you do such good work.I like to sew but don't seem to get around to doing it anymore.

12. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

Very cute!

13. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

The bunnies are so cute. You DD2 is very lucky to have such a talented MaMa.
    Gardengater

14. White_Wolfe

White_Wolfe Seedling

Hi Tschnath,

I know I am about 4 years late posting this but just saw it. Not even sure you are even around but your rabbits reminded me of rabbits my Mama made.

My Mama made bunnies out of unbleached muslin, by hand, as she and my Daddy were traveling. She made one for myself, my two sisters and my Grannie, who was still alive at that time. She made the old fashioned bloomers for each one with a ruffle and ribbon on each leg, then she made a dress with each persons favorite colors in the print...........mine is peach. She put a matching bow on each ear and embroidered her name and date made on their bottoms. When my Grannie died Mama gave the bunny to one of my nieces who is very sentimental and was thrilled to death to get it. I wouldn't take a million dollars for mine and I guess when I leave this earth I'll give mine to my niece who was adopted from China by my sister. I love her to pieces and she is also very sentimental about family things ...........unless I live long enough to be a Great Grannie and one of my Grandsons has a girl who I think would appreciate it........and one I love more than my China Doll....can't see it happening tho. :-D

Anyway, I'll shut up for now. Just saw the rabbits and started the memories. I hope your girls will hang on to these rabbits and pass them down to their girls.

15. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Very nice job you did...

16. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

cute cute cute great job