Some flowers...

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Melody Mc., Aug 28, 2022.

1. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I've had to put my flower gardens on the back burner as an indulgance, rather than some of the more pressing things in life. The vegetable garden is our sustenance, which has had it's importance highlighted with fires and floods cutting of access to supplies for extended periods of time. I was reluctant to take too many flower garden photos, as they all include weeds and dead heading being needed. However, I did take a few. :)

This one was today. It is doing very well. It is a Northern Hyrdrangea. I was told also called a Snow Ball. It doesn't always make it through winter and sometimes has to reinvent itself every summer. This year, it seems happy. I think the extreme amount of snow may have given it extra insulation. It is the largest blooms I've had.

The pink one is a hybrid in recognition of Breast Cancer Survivors. It is in my late best friend's memory garden, and is also having a wonderful year. Next year I will plan on some caging.

DSCN9185.JPG

DSCN9187.JPG

DSCN9186.JPG

Attached Files:

Netty, Frank, Logan and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mel, that’s a lovely hydrangea, it looks so good with the green grass background.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Melody, we all have weeds, and need to dead head. But your hydrangeas are beautiful, and sharing your photos give us all hope (and incentive!). Don't worry about perfection, just keep on gardening and sharing.

Netty, eileen, Sjoerd and 1 other person like this.
  5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

@marlingardener - a very heartfelt thank you. That little bit of advice is going on my fridge :heart: Thank you so much.

I used to work very hard at keeping everything tidy and well kept up - priorities have shifted the last couple of years. But in a good way. To the most important in life. Just still trying to find the balance. :)

Logan likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What Jane said.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Golly, they are beautiful! I always try to not show weeds, pending work, holy leaves, and whatnot, but I assure you our garden is full of said stuff. Don't be hesitant to post. Blooms are always a welcome sight.

Sjoerd, Melody Mc. and Logan like this.
  8. Logan

Logan Hardy Maple

Looks beautiful @Melody Mc. don't worry about the weeds and deadheading, i have both and never on top of the weeding, especially when the ground is dry and hard but the weeds still grow.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  9. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

@Logan - thank you Lovely lady. I appreciate it.

Logan likes this.
  10. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Thanks for that Droopy - you have a good way of grounding me out and I appreciate it.

Logan likes this.
  11. Logan

Logan Hardy Maple

Your welcome :)

12. AlexFinn

AlexFinn New Seed

Wow, what beautiful flowers! It's so lovely to hear about your success with your flower gardens despite the tough times. I'm so glad that the Hydrangea and the hybrid are doing well, and it's wonderful that you've dedicated a section in your late best friend's memory. It's so heartwarming to hear stories like this. Unfortunately, I'm not very experienced in gardening. However, I still appreciate the beauty of real plants and flowers, and I'm sure they bring a lot of joy to you and your garden!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2023
    Melody Mc. and eileen like this.