Some pics of my garden & pond

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by naturelvr, Jul 22, 2007.

1. naturelvr

naturelvr New Seed

Some pictures are old...some are new...enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Beautiful ,I love the yard flowers and the ducks

4. desertflower

desertflower Seedling

Very pretty! Love the ducks and your pond is nice too.

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Very pretty naturelvr. My favorite is the rose...do you know which one it is?

Advertisement
  6. teddybear

teddybear In Flower

Very pretty! Your path is great. Are the ducks yours or just visting?

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Very, very nice naturelvr, you must show us more.

8. beddecor

beddecor New Seed

is your yard big? I am working on designing my yard, and I really like the pond that you have. My yard isn't too wide but is long. Can you give me any ideas?

P.O.

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What a lovely garden you have!! The path is sensational and I really like the pond and ducks but my all time favourite has got to be that gorgeous rose. It's perfect and would look lovely mounted and framed on a wall.
    Your Chimnea looks so at home where it is. I saw a garden similar to your photograph and it had won a silver medal at a flower show here in Scotland - I think yours is even better laid out!!! :D

10. naturelvr

naturelvr New Seed

Thank you for all the wonderful compliments...my husband and I just love to sit outside and watch the ducks and birds and fish and unwind. As I am sure with many, ours is always a work in progress.

glenndann & desertflower - Thank you!! The ducks are fun to watch!

Netty - Not sure what type of rose it is...I bought the bush about 3 years ago for about $5! This year it had 4 perfect roses and there are 3 buds on it now. Usually the bugs get to them before I realize, but not this year!

teddybear - The ducks are ours! My friend rescues ducks and bunnies and such and she gave them to me. I can't wait until they start laying eggs!

toni - I will post more as I just took some new pictures!

beddecor - We have a very small backyard yard. When I post more pictures you'll see the layout of the yard a bit better. We put the pond in last year and absolutely love it...don't know how we went so long without one! Since the yard is small, the pond is more triangular than anything. We put it in a nook where it would fit and we could see and enjoy it. So, I would say plan where you want to sit to relax and find a spot somewhere near there so you can enjoy it daily. It happened to be unplanned, but when you look out my bathroom window you have a great view looking down on the pond, so keep that in mind, too. It's fun to watch (from above) the turtles and fish come up to eat! Good luck with your design!

eileen - that is pretty wild about the show. Usually my chimnea has coleus spewing out from the opening but my old one broke and we just got this new one. I think it almost looks too new! I tried to burn some wood in there to change the color a bit, but it didn't work. Maybe next year...

~Kim

11. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Kim I like your stone walk and the peach cone flower. Southern Living Magazine had a neat article on the new cone flower colors. Our nursery had some this year but were pretty spendy :rolleyes: Maybe the price will come down the longer they are out. I love your ducks. Looks like a happy home
    Deanna
    :-D

12. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Wonderful garden! You have turtle in there? That must be truly fantastic, all the native turtles around here vanished back in the 70's (or so I've heard, I never did see any). Hmm, maybe I should reintroduce them in my pond, lol!

13. Benni

Benni New Seed

What a great looking area. The pond and the ducks definately add the finishing touches.