Some Stuff

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by bethie, Jun 20, 2006.

1. bethie

bethie Young Pine

[​IMG] My hubby took this pic yesterday of a five-lined skink catching the days first rays. We set up houses in our yard for them.[​IMG]My water lily is finally blooming!
    [​IMG]Left side of my back porch.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love looking at your photographs Bethie. That butterfly is beautiful - did you make it? Love the pic of the skink. :-D My white waterlily opened yesterday and looks exactly the same as your one. :)

4. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Thank you, Eileen. Yes, we made the butterfly. He is a Buckeye. I don't know if you have anything comparable there. Here is a luna moth and a cecropia moth.[​IMG]We find cecropia cocoons in the winter down by the river and hatch them in spring.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We've got nothing like those here Bethie - much too exotic for our Scottish climate. :( Thanks for the piccies of the Luna Moth and the Cecropia. I really think I like the Luns Moth best of all as it just looks so calming. :-D

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Ok a gnome is about to move home and guess what Bethie it is to your garden. :DI could have sneaked in but I thought that would ask your permission first Let me pack my suitcases first. I love your garden!

That skull looks like something out of the James Bond movie "Live and Let Die". I like the way the lizard appears to be crawling out of its eye. Very creepy :eek: