Southern Michigan Weather report.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by alleyyooper, Feb 4, 2007.

1. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

We have a guy come in and do the lawn. He knows he will have no job if he whacks anything that is not supposed to be whacked. So far, he has done OK.

2. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

7:23AM 3-7-07
    10F, feels like 10F, humidity 73%, wind S @ 2MPH

Yesterday was a very sunny day with very little wind. The clouds started rolling in about 5:00PM. Kare and I went to a bee meeting and when we got there just after 7:00 the snow started falling. We got about 2 inches of some very fine snow.
    Scattered snow showers expected for today.

[​IMG]

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Another lovely photograph Al. :-D How long do you expect to keep getting snow? It doesn't look as though we we are going to get any more this year - we've only had ONE fall that actually lay. It certainly sounds as though you're having more than your fair share.

4. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

I have snow recorded for May 2nd and 3d 2002 here in my journal.
    We haven't had any where near our normal amount of snow here this year. Of course it normally starts snowing in late Oct. rather than having monsoon like rains.

50F temps are on the long range weather forecast for next Tuesday.

:-D Al

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

What is that last bloom Al? It's very pretty.

6. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

Althea AKA Rose of Sharon.

Whooping 22F right now but is has been sunny all day.

7. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

7:24AM 3-8-07
    6F, Feels Like 6F, Humidity 69%, wind W @5MPH

Although the temps did not get very high yesterday we had a lot of melting. The day stayed near windless which helped. A Lot also has to do with the angle of the sun.

[​IMG]

8. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Al, what a beautiful garden. I assume off of your shots are from your apiary. And how's that leg?

9. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

:-D Thank you for asking. The leg is doing fine although the scar is still that purple color.

:) Yes all the flower pictures are from kares gardens. She has 7 different perennial gardens which total about 3,800 square feet. That was what kept me busy as a bee before we had bees. Our soil is red clay. I dug all the gardens as pits 20 inches deep. Filled the pits back in with horse manure from the horse farm that used to be next door. On top of the horse manure I added 6 inches of top soil I dug from the woods. Then Kare bought plants mulch and other stuff.
    Our back yard has hardly any grass left to mow.

:) All the wild life photos are from around our yard too.
    Thank you all for all the nice comments.
    Weather report for 3-9-07 and 3-10-07 are on a weather holiday :D :D :D

:D Al

10. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Al you worked your buns off for Kare to have such a wonderful buch of gardens.Seems like that all you two do is work at one thing are or another.

11. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

:scheming: 8:15AM 3-11-07
    29F, feels like 23F, humidity 63%, wind WNW @ 5MPH

:scheming: It is Daylite savings time again, 3 week earlier than in the past. I for one hate daylite savings time and see no reason for the way it is set up. Now would it not be so much eaiser for (since today is Sunday) start church at 8:00AM instead of 9:00AM. Tomorrow work should start at 6:00AM instead of 7:00AM. Why do we have to have a stupid system where we must set the clocks two times a year? And this year and forever till you buy new equipment and new programs the stuff they reset its self you must once again go around and set by hand once again. Count the clocks in your envorment, Ungodly amount in our house, I even refuse to wear a wrist watch cause I am retired.

:) On a happier note since I am ranting about some thing I will have to live with the rest of my life. Kare and I attended a 2 day Gathering of Michigan bee keepers in East Lansing. Met again for the second time the fellow that got me to keeping bees and turned Kare into a bee slave driver. Met many other bee keepers also and shared notes on our winter loses. Much talk about the CCD problem. Most of us feel we need not worry about it as it seems to be effecting the pollinators (those who ship their bees to other states to pollinate crops like almonds in Califorian and oranges in Florida.
    More on this latter If you all request it.

:rolleyes: Yes Glendann It does seem as if Kare and I are always working at some thing or other. I worked in a factory for 33 years and saw many men and some women retire only to die in some cases just weeks but most did manage a year. Most time those people didn't have hobbies or any other type of work to do. they sat on their butts all day just waiting for the grim reaper to collect them.
    I refuse to go with out a good fight and leaving a mark some place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Al, I completely agree re daylight savings time. I hate having to adjust to it. I don't know why it has to happen. Just one more thing those yahoos in DC do to fill up their time.
    I do, however, love your photos. Wow, what a wonderful way to wake up.

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I love those pictures Al! Beautiful sunsets and what a lovely Lilac! Can't wait to see mine bloom!

14. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

Top picture is a sun set. Middle one is a sun rise, I like the lilacs too. they have to be one of the nicest smelling things around here in mid May.

HUMMMMMMMMMM wonder what happens if everybody stayed home election day? I know, they vote them selves in right.

[​IMG]

15. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

12:35 PM.
    40F,

[​IMG]

Won't look this nice again for a few years as they pruned heavy during the winter.