Spaghetti Sauce & Dehydrated tomatoes

Discussion in 'Food Preservation and Storage' started by Donna S, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Been a very busy morning. Started my sauce at 4:30 am. Made 50 meatballs and added to sauce. Will be in freezer some time today. I decided to dehydrate what tomatoes were left over. So I now have 3 trays of tomato chips with basil, garlic, oregano and sea salt.
    And 3 trays of sauce which when finished will go back into blender and become tomato paste powder. It to has basil, garlic, oregano, sea salt and jalapeno & green peppers already mixed in.

[​IMG]
    Smells like heaven. ( photo / image / picture from Donna S's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Tomato Chips. ( photo / image / picture from Donna S's Garden )

[​IMG]
    To be tomato paste powder. ( photo / image / picture from Donna S's Garden )

Frank, waretrop and donm like this.
  2. Loading...

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

It all looks very good. I have never made tomato powder before. I think I'll Do that this Summer.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

After I get the drool marks off my monitor, and dry out my keyboard, I'll tell you just how delicious your sauce, tomato chips, and powder look!
    I am seriously thinking about saving up my egg money and buying a dehydrator. Home-made tomato powder to thicken stews, soups, and even sauces. Oh, my!!!!

5. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Thanks Barb. You will love it. Ten lbs. of tomatoes fit in a pint jar.

Jane, You can do so much with a dehydrator. You wont be sorry if you buy one. But you will be sorry if you don't buy a big one. I do veggie, jerky, fruit, fruit roll ups for the kids, candy (Butterfingers), vidialia onions are better then any potato chip, corn chips. If you have stock you can have soup in minutes. It's endless.

6. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

I ended up with a 1/2 pint jar of tomato paste powder. And I ate all the tomato chips.