Spoils of our junque store 'raiding' yesterday

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Feb 10, 2013.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I really thought I had bought more, sure seemed like it when we were rearranging things in the tool box trying to get everything in when it started raining :eek:

We did get a birthday present for Randy's mom and a couple of things for his dad too. And we found a folding chair that oldest daughter had requested so it's already at her place.

And you have already seen the tractor hood...so here are the rest of the goodies.

[​IMG]
    9" in diameter basket soon to hold a trailing succulent ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Crate to hang on wall of new shed and hold small clay pots ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Eventually to be part of a hanging display in the shade bed ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Not for jelly but to be used as containers for maybe candles ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

[​IMG]
    I know it's a xmas ornament but I keep halloween decor in the yard year round ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden ) Ran out of space in the photo description section....so that should have included "too, so why not have some wintery doodads too.

Minnow bucket and fishing rod...
    [​IMG]
    for the tableau with the rusty metal fish skeleton ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

These are not old..
    [​IMG]
    These will become part of a hanging plant holder ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Rabbit feeder to become a planter ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

This is one of the things that Randy found. It's an 833A Amplifier Tube used in audio and radio amplifiers. This was turned into a trophy for a music award but he is going to remove the plaque and have one mounted that has his HAM radio call sign on it instead.
    [​IMG]
    Randy's new piece of decor for his office ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Oh boy.... some new junk for Toni!
    I can just picture succulents in that basket. It sure looks well made. I have a couple crates similar to that Texas one.. minus the Texas cutout.... Hmmm... wonder if I could do the cut-out without burning the whole thing to pieces?
    The wintery doo-dad... looks like a Christmas tree with a bell for the base? How big is is?
    Yippeee! You found a minnow bucket and fishing pole. Can't wait to see that feature all put together.
    And I think Randy did well in his choice of junk. That's a great item for any HAM operator.
    Well done!

4. Annette

Annette Seedling

you always find good 'junk'......! :)

5. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Now see what you have done. I just have to go to the junk store. It raining, so good day to go. Great finds Toni.

Advertisement
  6. rwhite

rwhite New Seed

It is always fun searching for those treasures.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You've done it to me again ... you've made me turn green!! :smt088 I especially like the basket and the chicken feeder and could find a home for them here if you ever get fed up with them. ;) Now all I'm waiting for is to see everything in situ. :-D

8. toni

Cheryl, that is a christmas decoration but at 11 inches long and heavy metal it must have been intended for a window or outside like it will be here.

He also got an old power switch....think Young Frankenstein....when Igor says.."Not the third switch" It will be attached to the bookcase here in my area near the candle sconce that when you pull the candle out of the holder your hear Inga saying "Put...the candle...back! We tend to have a unique home decorating style, to say the least... :eek:

Thanks Annette. I have found some that have turned out to be useless but the fun is in the hunt.

Donna, I have become known as 'the enabler' on GardenStew...and for good reason I might add. ;)

rwhite, give me a good junque store and I can spend hours searching.

Eileen, I saw that basket two weeks ago when we were down in that area. It was one of those "darn I wish I had gotten that" things. I was planning on getting some of the new items in the garden this week but we are having a return of winter weather so that will have to wait.

9. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

The feeder is a Rabbit feeder, for caged rabbits.. Of course, it's now whatever Toni dreams up to do with it..

10. toni

Thanks for the correction on that feeder Henry. The lady selling it kept calling it a chicken feeder, it did look a little different from chicken feeders I usually see for sale.

I just corrected that caption. ;)

11. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

Here is a pic from a Rabbit Equipment Co. for reference;

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Henry Johnson's Garden )

Largest is about 11" long..
    Hank

12. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Cool stuff Toni. I have marbles in some of my old jelly jars just for someplace to display my marbles. Then if anyone tries to say I have "lost my marbles", I can point them out and tell them otherwise. I also have a decorative tin with marbles in it. I bought those at the local ALCO store when they had remakes of vintage toys for sale.

I have my lavender planted in an old white wicker magazine rack. It is beginning to green up, so I hope it all made it through the winter just fine. I used to use it for magazines until one of my tomkitties was naughty in it... That is when it got promoted to planter. I like to use baskets for planters since they have built in drainage already. You can line them with newspaper first, and then your choice of soil.

13. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I love all you found toni.