Spring Is In The Air, Now That It Is Almost Summer

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Sjoerd, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

This guy was pacing up and down that stem. I wonder what he was waiting for.
    lhb.jpg

Perhaps he was looking for a girlfriend. These two sweethearts made a connection....
    zD.jpg

This is my Bryonia dioica--a new plant in my garden. He has not yet really begun to seriously grow and is already blooming quite a bit.
    lhb5.jpg

lhb5a.jpg

I forgot to post this close-up of the Kapucijner pea flower.
    lhb2.jpg

The Kapucijners are doing really well this year, probably because of the general coolness of the weather and I have been keeping them watered a bit extra.

I was plucking extra plums off in preparation of the June drop. I was looking from plumlets with the tell-tale black spot. The small black spot is where a worm entered the plum, so they can be removed now. The plum tree will drop tens of fruits off as a part of their normal thinning of procedure...I always help out though as I would like to get some plums that are a little bit large, not fruits smaller than a golf ball.
    Here you can see the miscreant half way in.....or out--however you see it.
    zA.jpg

And finally this strawb with just the first, faint blush. Nature's perfection, I never tire of.
    Z00.jpg

Frank, eileen and Philip Nulty like this.
  2. Loading...