sure it's a mimosa/silk tree ???

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by calinromania, Jun 3, 2008.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Ours are short and not trees.

2. Dan Williams

Dan Williams New Seed

It being nearly 4 years later, I have no idea if you found your answer or if you are even still on this forum. I found the post looking for an answer to what a tree that someone asked me about that has similar leaves to a Mimosa but different flowers is. Turns out I believe it is an Acacia Tree. I think what you have is a Honey Locust due to the thorns. I may be wrong on both accounts, but I don't think it is overgrown gripe weed.

3. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

HI Dan and welcome!
    Been such a long time. That plant's been dead for a few years now. I left it outside and the frost killed it.
    It was more of the climbing habbit, not a tree.
    Even in a pot and in the apt it was climbing (not like a tree when it doesn't have light).
    The stems had fine and very many thorns. But very small and turned like a hook.
    I still don't know what I HAD!
    :)
    WELCOME once again.

4. Carol Blue-Garcia

Carol Blue-Garcia Seedling

Sorry, Where I live there are a number of small trees and shrubs that have that kind of a leaf pattern. I usually identify the mimosa by its flowers which you do not have here. I do have a similar small tree with the thorns that you are showing but never have learned the name of it.

Advertisement