Surgery far more complicated...

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Sherry8, Aug 10, 2015.

1. kate

kate In Flower

Sherry,

Neurologic problem;

I had a Bichon with a liver shunt who banged her head on the hard floor after meals.
    Apparently the liver was sending bad blood to her brain and giving her a migraine headache hence the head banging and drooling to excess.

She had surgery but the shock of the clean blood sent to her brain put her into a coma and she died.

Have they looked for any sign 0of Infection in an organ?

What a pity if she has to go to the Rainbnow bridge...:smt022lets hope not.

K

2. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

With tears in my eyes I am telling you that we had to put Scooter down yesterday...these things never get any easier to do. We are not sure what happened but he just wasn't himself and we knew it was something in his little head...REST IN PEACE SCOOTER...

We have a 12 year old lab, Miss Shadow...she is running all around looking for the friend that she helped raise, she was a great companion for Scooter.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oh dear Sherry, I am so sorry to hear this. RIP Scooter :smt085

4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

They were always close to one another... July 9, 2015 405 (2).jpg

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

So sorry to hear about Scooter Sherry :crying: I believe you made the right decision for him.

6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

So sorry for your loss, Sherry. :heart: RIP Scooter. It's hard to make that final decision, but I belive you did the right thing.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh Sherry I'm so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing for little Scooter and I hope, that in time, Miss Shadow and your family will remember him without too much pain.

8. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Thank you Frank, Droopy and Eileen....it sure is quiet around here without the little guy. He loved to talk (dog talk) to me when he wanted a treat, Cairns are known for that. My husband always laughed because I could really get him going.
    ....Miss Shadow has gotten better ....she actually ran out into the living room this morning with her Teddy Bear she sleeps with. Friday we took the blanket that Scooter used to sit on when we went some place in the truck and she could smell him...she stuck her head in it and cried. After that I quickly washed it and put it back in the truck...I have learned that dogs do grieve.:(

9. kate

kate In Flower

Sorry you lost your family member Scooter Sherry. I still remember how emotionally broken we feel losing our pets, especially youngsters..

K

10. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I'm so sorry for your family and also for Miss Shadow.

11. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Very late to this thread, but just wanted to add my condolences to the rest.

I am so very sorry Sherry....and yes, I agree, dogs DO grieve in their own way, every bit as much as their humans do.

It's a hard decision you had to make...I've made it before myself. But it's the kindest thing you can do for your pet when they're suffering, and one of the few ways you can pay back the years of love and devotion they've shown you.

He looks like such a fun little dude!

12. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

I know that there are no words that I can use which can ease your loss, but I do want to add my heartfelt condolences. :smt087 You made little Scooter's life wonderful and he knew that he was well loved, your decision to relieve his suffering was a selfless act of love. Bless.