Survey : Desk top computer or laptop?

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by Capt Kirk, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I have a desktop and I really like it ....I have no interest in carrying one around ...

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We have a desktop, and I enjoy sitting down and using it. Good excuse to take it easy for a few minutes!
    My husband is beginning to make noises about a lap-top. Perhaps, but definitely not a smart phone, or any of the other carry-with-you annoyances.

Henry Johnson likes this.
  3. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

We have several computers around the house and one thing has become obvious, the computer has to match its purpose. I have a few old systems with specific purposes. Toni has a desktop (two actually) since all her comptuting is done at her desk. I have a laptop for work because I do, on rare occasion, travel for work. I have a personal laptop for the times when I need to do things away from the house. Lately, I've been using an I-Pad (a gift from our daughter) more and more. I can connect to the internet, check mail, and play a game or two on occasion. The I-Pad is smaller, lighter, and easier to grab for a quick Google lookup. If you always sit in the same place when you compute, a desktop works fine and is usually cheaper than a laptop. If you move around, a laptop is convenient since you can run on batteries and connect using WiFi. The I-Pad is convenient since you can run on the cell network and operate where there is no WiFi available. Kinda nice when out wandering junk stores.:)

4. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I reluctantly gave up my XP to DH and bought a laptop -windows 7. Why I don't know! I didn't care for it but felt somewhat 'stuck'. Then a year ago I won a fancy windows 8 and as xp was no longer viable, I gave it to DH for Christmas. He knew I didn't care for the laptop that much but I really disliked windows 8. He found that windows 7 was still available and got me a desktop for my birthday. We thought we'd give my laptop to our DGD but DH decided he would rather stay with 7 also. DGD was really happy to get the almost new computer so it was a good thing for all of us.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We don't run Window's at all, so many problems have been solved since the change.

6. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

I used to build desktops for the kids, or for gaming. Now that my interest in gaming is gone, I prefer laptops. The quality of the laptops have now improved to the point they do everything I need. I really like the easy portability to hook it up to the TV through HDMI. Prop the back of the laptop up and you have a nice hand position for typing, and good air circulation. Add a wireless mouse and a dual monitor and it's quite the nice setup. The third one is a TV, lol.

[​IMG]