Tarantula

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by dooley, Jul 3, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We looked everywhere but we didn't find that tarantula today. Chance was sniffing along the wall and around the door. Maybe it decided it had better go back outside if some crazy person was going to be shoving it around with a stick. I was trying to push it out the door but it wasn't ready I guess. It disappeared under the entertainment center. Hopefully, I won't see it inside again. I like them, but only outside. Dooley

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I hope you don't find it inside after this Dooley. Just be on your guard. Look down before you sit on the sofa and be sure to look in the biscuit tin before putting your hand in ;) Tell Chance she is doing a great job!

3. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

You mean a real tarantula, that's scary. I don't think I could sleep with one running around. Does this happen often?

4. dooley

I have never had one in the house before. I see them occasionally outside. Dooley

Advertisement
  5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

As someone who has been stung several times by scorpions, I would rather have a dozen tarantulas in the house than one scorpion. I have had a tarantula in the palm of my hand. The fuzzy legs tickle a little, but they are a rather gentle creature. DR

6. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

I hate spiders, they are ok to look at, like the little fellow in DD's pic, I don't want them close to me or in my house. I would make my DH sit up and guard me while I was asleep.

7. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

That is soooo funny Cajunbelle!! :setc_076:

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I would be awake from now on are until I knew it was outside .I can not even think about wakeing up and that think sitting on my chest looking at me .I may not need another door but I would have one with wet puddles all around.:)

9. dooley

We couldn't locate the tarantula until last night. Chance was sleeping by my chair when all at once she was up on all four feet growling. I looked down and there was the tarantula crawling in front of Chance. I got a bowl and plopped over it. I used my clipboard to put under the bowl, picked it up and deposited it out under the mulberry tree. It was probably happy to be back outside. There really isn't that much for it to eat inside. Dooley