Teen room

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by sunflower, Sep 8, 2006.

1. sunflower

sunflower Seedling

Hello...
    I have another project i will be working on soon a teen bedroom.
    I will still enjoy reading posting on my kitchen and getting ideas on that still but i will be trying to work on this first.
    The theme is tropical.. its a small room but she wants the tropical look...
    The room fits a twin bed and a few shelves thats about it...it has slightly slanted ceilings as well
    and has one window...
    the walls will be a lite blue that go with a palm tree bedspread.
    She decorated her mirror with seashells so now just need ideas on making a shelf into a tiki hut, a canopy and curtains as far as color...
    need some ideas on colors that will blend well ,,,
    Oh i am painting a couple shelves white..
    any ideas will be helpful...
    thanks a bunch! :) :)

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Christina
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Pianolady
      Replies:
      Views:

3. ElisaP

ElisaP New Seed

I found this picture from Google.

Source: http://www.beachshack.ai/
    [​IMG]

I think greeny blue/turquoise would match with you blue walls & white shelves etc. You could add tropical feel with palm plants and cane - like in this picture above. I would go with airy, light curtains (maybe white) or something with blue or green stripes? Fresh anyway, if you know what I mean. Do you need a canopy? You could do a headboard of bambu sticks or something. Or you could combine both but that idea needs to be drawn - hard to explain. Good luck, I bet it will become a nice room.

4. sunflower

sunflower Seedling

nice idea

Thank you for sending that,,,i like the color as well.

Yes i will be adding some plants in her room we tried the big palm but in house and room without the right enviroment it wouldn't live very long.
    I was thinking a nice blue/green like a canopy or netting type things to go over her bed and around like. I was going to do a small tiki type bar/hut but not sure how or from what materials.
    Her room is small...
    Her bedspread has palmtrees and tan color backround with lite turquoise blue under the trees throughout the comforter...
    I actually picked up a hula skirt at a garage sale i was thinking of adding to a shelf or using it to decorate with...
    i am trying to thinking of some other accessories like tropical flowers or some kind boarder i would like to put in there as well
    thanks again..

5. pnnetbuy

pnnetbuy New Seed

Ok. I just love that room! It looks like I want to lay on that couch right now and take a nap. I often find taking naps on the couch really feels great. Oh.. back to your question though... I just realized that picture wasn't your room, sorry. :) Anyway, I like the palm trees big time.