Tell us if you have a dog for a pet

Discussion in 'Pets' started by bsewnsew, Aug 6, 2007.

1. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Tell us if you have a dog for a pet......Or do you have something else like a chicken??

I have a dog ......Crazy mixed up breed . And he has manners. Won't touch his plate till we walk away.. Now isnt that polite?/
    :-D 8) :-D

2. Loading...

3. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Sam is our pound mutt, we'll never know what breed mix he is. He's little, only weighs 18 pounds or so, but has a definite golden retriever personality. He was the runt of the litter, but we expected him to be a bit bigger, it just never happened.

[​IMG]

4. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Sam is adorable!!! Oh, I've prattled on about my pets here, but here's a breakdown: 2 nubian goats (Cecil and LucyBelle), 1 little mutt (Max), 1 siamese-mix cat (MingMao), 1 parakeet (Angus), 2 hens, 6 bunnies, and a bunch of goldfish in little ponds scattered about the gardens. I've scaled waaaay back from the days of a pasture full of sheep and such. Just can't keep up with all that! So I doodle them instead!

5. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

pets

Piano Lady.
    Oh Sam is so cute......I love the white face.. They are friendly dogs.

Critter ......Wow you have quite a collection.
    I wanna see the goats and fish and all the rest.
    Are you on a farm? I am.
    We have Hereford beef cattle and one dog and couple cats...........Thats enough.

barb

Advertisement
  6. juli28428

juli28428 New Seed

Dogs, cats, fish, birds ....

My best friend Beckett is a rescue, formerly abused by his previous - he's featured with my profile. I'd send a better pic but I don't know how. My husband also has a dog --- she's a rescue. They are both SPOILED!
    We have bunches of cats --- all ferals, all except the new ones who have wandered up have been altered. Gotta catch those.
    We also have two finches -- just laid eggs so we're waiting for babies!!
    We have two large fish tanks. One (55 gal) is home to 30 Tetras; the other one (29 gal) is home to one silly algae eater that I've had for five or six years. He cannot get along with anyone else, therefore, he has to live alone.
    We have a yard full of squirrels and birds, mainly Doves.
    I love God's babies.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

While I personally don't own a dog here are my parents two dogs...

Shep - Approaching 10 years

[​IMG]

Jinx - 4 years

[​IMG]

8. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Two dogs, Lucky and Charity, DD;s two dogs, Nibbler and Basil, assorted feral and stray cats, all altered except 2 males and the newest kitten.

9. MPhotos

MPhotos Seedling

I have a black lab named Dixie and a yellow lab named Ginger, and a 11 year old cat mabey older.

10. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Heres my pets :D

Macy (beagle cross, puggle?)
    [​IMG]

Hunter (mixed breed cat)
    [​IMG]

Shadow (female mouse)
    [​IMG]

Moonbeam (female mouse)
    [​IMG]

Hermie Crabby (Hermit Crab)
    [​IMG]

And the other animals:
    Angel (chow/husky cross, family pet)
    [​IMG]

Christopher (mixed breed cat, Hunters uncle, my sister Sam's cat)
    [​IMG]

My sisters have mice too, but I dont have pictures of em yet :) Kel has 2 mice and Sam has 3

11. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Pets

Frank I love the dogs Jinx and Shep.. Reminds me of the one we had when we grew up on our large farm. He was a smooth haired dog like that and same black color.....
    Thanks for sharing.

Wow I love the column.

----------

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Julie ..wanna see Beckett.. you have a good heart.

cajunbelle , pet all the pets for me, lucky,Charity, Nibble ,Basil.......How nice your are.

Mphotos ......black lab and thanks for sharing. You can photo graph in black and white.

barb

----------

The bip

I love the photos of Macy and everyone.. Mice an all..Does the cat see them ?
    Daaaaaaaaaaa

12. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Hunter likes watching them, but I always have my eye on him when he does ^_^

13. desertflower

desertflower Seedling

Do I have pets....I have my new puppy Bouncer, two Beagles..Tucker and Vega, my chihuahuas are Jazzie, Omie, Stiffler, Peety, Little Bit, Peanut,Cokie Dingo and Dango. Most of the chihuahuas were acquired from people who no longer wanted them, As were the Beagles and most of the birds and chickens. I have Chickie Doodle and Bob White(chick and Quail) I also have a pair of Phoenix, one hen and a rooster. They have two babies. I have about 16 Cockatiels, 20 Love Birds and too many Budgies to count. They ALL live out side except Bouncer. I have a pond with Gold Fish. Oh yes and 2 cats (just gave 10 away)

Bouncer and his brother (Bouncer is the darker one)

[​IMG]

My Phoenix Rooster and chicks
    [​IMG]

Some Love Birds

[​IMG]

Budgie Clan

[​IMG]

One of my baby Chihuahuas

[​IMG]

And they are all up to date on their shots, parasite free and much loved. The only ones I have bought are Bouncer and one Love Bird. I have 3 baby chihuahuas at the present. I keep the males and females seperated tho, they have nice big pens, I hate to see a house or yard full of dogs that are allowed to randomly mate or are not taken care of. Needless to say we by all food in 50 lb bags and I order the dog shots on line so every one gets theirs and it doesn't break the bank. I love placing dogs with people who really want one if the seem like good parents.That is why I rarely turn one down if someone just doesn't want it any more. Two have gone to people who take them to nursing homes for therapy dogs. I guess I would probably be a rescue if I were to label myself but I'm not.

14. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

pets

Desertflower,

I love your collection........dogs birds and all.

Bet feeding time is noisy with the birds ..

Thanks for showing us......Never seen that many birds in one flock, (Close).

;o) :D

15. desertflower

desertflower Seedling

Thank you, It is always noisy with the birds lol. I have 5 large aviaries and the one that makes the most noise is Bob White, talks all the time since he adopted chickie doodle. The birds sound very pretty tho. Better than dogs barking. I used to have a parrot that I was sitting and the silly thing would call the cats and they would line up the it would meow to them. They were so confused. It was funny. The parrot would sing, talk and learned to bark like a dog. I really miss it.

16. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Our family is small. I have an old Golden Retriever named Briggs and his spoiled sister, Stratton, aka "Stratcat". Can't forget my office cat, Missy Mama. She lives in my office at the tire store where I work.
    I love them all :-D
    Deanna
    :-D

Desert Flower you must have a big heart! I wish I could adopt a few more animals but with my husband's allergies that is out of the question :rolleyes: