Tell us if you have a dog for a pet

Discussion in 'Pets' started by bsewnsew, Aug 6, 2007.

1. seedfreak

seedfreak New Seed

dogs.........

Just call me pet lover!!! I couldn't resist jumping in on this thread. I have 2 dogs, A dachsund named Titan (rescued from an owner threatening/promising to kill him)and Spud a black lab mixed with who knows what kind of small dog, ( because he isn't even knee high but he's long like a basset hound) I also have a cat we call her orchid she is black and chocolate. WEIRD combination.. Then I have 33 birds mostly quaker parrots and cockatiels, but throw in a few budgies. I was told because of a spine injury that I couldn't work anymore so I decided to raise birds. ( I can do that without pain) The problem is.... I never sell the babies. I just keep them all. LOL should I count the 5 fish tanks?

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh yes Seedfreak definately count the five fish tanks - are they tropical, cold water or marine? Would love to see pictures of your menagerie. :-D

3. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Ive got more pets! I've added 5 goldfish and 2 more hermit crabs to my menagerie :D

4. eileen

Well I shouldn't really be telling you that I have any pets because they're actually my daughters. However, as they live here I'll add them anyway. There are two black gerbils, a Western Hog nose python and a tank full of tropical fish.

Advertisement
  5. seedfreak

seedfreak New Seed

The fish tanks are both marine and tropical. I like the marine tanks the best. We have collected our little fish from the marshes and eddys and we enjoy them so much. Lots of hermit crabs too. WE even have a cluster of oysters in one.

6. eileen

Sounds fascinatong Seedfreak. Are the marine tanks expensive or hard to maintain? I was thinking of setting up a cold water 'rock pool' tank but have never tried it before - might be interesting though. :-D Any tips you can offer?

7. sandyz3girlz

sandyz3girlz New Seed

Chianti - who has no idea that she is a dog!

[​IMG]

8. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I have 2 dogs. A male cairn terrier (like Toto on the wizard of oz) his name is Scooter...he is what you call Brindle colored. He loves to be scratched under his chin.

I have a yellow female lab who loves everyone and if we wouldn't have the invisible fence...she would go home with anyone...Her name is Shadow...she always followed me when she was a pup. Now she likes to nap a lot and she is only 4. Such a laid back breed.

My 17 year old cat is called Tigger. She is having a thyroid test next week to find out why she has lost so much weight. Hopefully it isn't anything too bad with her...she has really been making a lot more noise than usual...maybe to tell me something..

9. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

I have my dog Balder, who is so lovable, lazy, faithful, an just a big ol' over grown lap dog.

[​IMG]

10. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Awwww, thats such a cute picture Biita

11. petunia

petunia Young Pine

I haven't posted any pictures of my animals yet so I thought this would be a good start. This is our dog max, he is a mini sheltie. They come from the collie breed.
    [​IMG]
    He's 10 but likes to think he's still a puppy. He likes to think he's rounding up sheep and will run around in circles, barking.
    [​IMG]
    The cat is my daughters. His name is pumpkin.(I'll post more of him in the cat post). On Thursday nites my hubby goes to a woodcarving class and these two (in their animal world) think its their job to protect me.
    [​IMG]
    Any day we'll be adopting another little sheltie. Poor guy nobody wants him, so we dicided to take him in. He's abit timid. We're being told they think he's been abused. So when he gets used to us and our house I'll take pictures of him. He's only 3-4 years old. We'll be going to look at him tomorrow.

12. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

What a lovely pair Petunia. You're in no danger with those around. How kind of you to adopt a homeless. They often end up being very devoted to their new, kind owners.

13. MrBrownThumb

MrBrownThumb New Seed

I've got a cat and he's an alley cat who I started feeding and he's pretty much my shadow. But I think it is because I'm where the food comes from and not because of any bond we have. ;0)

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Meet Boomer
    [​IMG]
    Boomer is a Shepherd Golden Lab Mix (we think!)
    She's 3 years old and quite "vocal" (that is a nice way of saying she barks too much! It's a good thing we have no neighbors)
    She got her name because she sounds like a herd of elephants when she runs thru the house.

15. DaphDaph

DaphDaph Seedling

Netty
    Boomer has beautiful eyes.
    My rotti mix (Angel)is a barker too. We think she is part shepherd. She even barks when she is dreaming. When she barks, my little wolfgang barks. She is very clever. When she wants to lay on the ottoman by her daddy she barks. When she barks, wolfgang jumps off the ottoman, runs to the door, and starts barking. Angel jumps up on the ottoman.
    She is younger than wolfgang and has lots of energy. When she wants wolfie to play she will grab his squeeky toy and squeeze it in wolfie's face. When we hear squeeking when know Angel is teasing wolfie.