Text space

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Help' started by carolyn, Feb 6, 2012.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Frank, is there any way to retrieve typed text that I started to type or tried to submit and my internet connection reset at the same time? Sometime our new computer resets the connection :-x while I am doing something and my whole post is basically deleted. Or is this a specific way the page is set up? I have seen on other text boxes(discus, for example) that the text is there until you submit it or delete it, no matter how many times you leave the page and return to it. Thanks, carolyn

2. Loading...

3. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Carolyn,
    if you "Back Page",..most times you will get back to the post you were typing.

If you are constantly getting a "Splash Screen" telling you the connection was re set,..i would try unplugging the Modem for approx 30 seconds then plug it back,..this does work,..however if it is happening too often i would contact the internet provider to try re setting the signal.

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Thanks Philip. The "connection reset" seems to be a internet connection compatibility "glitch" on the new computer. it has windows 7 and none of the other computers have it and we think that is the problem and it is constantly resetting the connection. :-x :-x :-x

5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Carolyn... I have that problem occasionally... but usually it's user error and it makes me so mad! So when I know it's going to be sort of a long post, I type it in a text/word document and then copy/paste it here.

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Carolyn, unfortunately this is a bit of a browser-specific issue. There is a way to solve it from my side but I just haven't got around to coding that yet. However I have found that Google's Chrome browser is helpful in this respect (i.e. it saves that data for you if you hit the back button).

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I'll try that as we do use google chrome. Thanks.