The Birds And The Bees

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, May 14, 2022.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

The workday was over and we were walking up the path, heading home. Up on the corner is Caddyman’s garden (Caddyman’s name is another story). My Bride and I stopped there, and looked at the progress in his garden. Our eyes fell on his two new little berry bushes. He had some sort of material draped over them, secured with clothes pegs at the bottom.

I called out to him and he came over. I asked him how he though that the blooms could be pollenated when the mesh was too small to let insects in.

He said that he wanted to protect his berries with that gauze that his bride had found for him. I said, “Berries? What berries, the blooms must first be pollenated”.
    He said that he thought that the blooms were the berries. Forehead smack.

My Bride then asked him if anyone had ever told him about the birds and the bees, and he said that he had two daughters.
    She then inquired how he thought it would have gone if he had had protection, like those bushes.

We were all laughing so hard at how the conversation was going. I finally said to him that if he had been protected and still had a child that he could have called her “Netty”.

Logan, Droopy, Melody Mc. and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Is THAT where my Dad came up with my nickname? :smt005

Logan, Sjoerd, Droopy and 2 others like this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, your father came up with your nickname because he was sure you were going to capture (net) the hearts of everyone who met you!

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Oh, no, @Sjoerd, I almost woke up our guests because I laughed too loud. And I agree with @marlingardener there, @Netty . Definitely the reason for your nickname.

Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I’m glad you liked the story. We here laughed so hard .. just stood in the middle of the path and laughed hard.