The End Of Windows XP SP3.

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by Philip Nulty, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Support for Windows XP SP3 ends on the 8th of April 2014,..Microsoft have being warning us about this for the past year and very much so in the past few weeks,..updates and support will end in just four months,..does anyone here still operate Windows XP SP3.

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

The kids computer upstairs runs XP. They don't really use it so I threatened to get rid of it and they objected. This is the perfect excuse :)

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

XP had a good run as an OS. It's time to put it to rest. The application developers now prefer the newer OS's with the latest features. RIP

Jerry

5. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Jerry,..i agree its had a good long run and newer versions are now in everyday use.

======================================================

Hi Netty,..its hard to dump it,..i can understand the kids thinking they are not using it now but might sometime later,..i still use a Windows XP SP3 from time to time,..its just coming up to 10 years old,..works perfectly and fast to this day,..however with no further updates it will fall behind to work many programs,..i will keep mine and try convert it to something else.