The garden notebook or log, do you have one?

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Jerry Sullivan, Jan 2, 2012.

1. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

I have lists of all my daylilies & maps as to which beds they are in. Labels have a way of getting lost in the winter & maps are invaluable.By now I pretty much know which week to start seeds so I don't write that down.I'm wishing right now I'd kept some notes about exactly how I started some cuttings.My desk is full of notes I got from the internet but which method did I use for what & exactly when? I try to hold off on the dates. I think it is a mistake to start things too early,here in the north.
    Doris

2. rockhound

rockhound In Flower

Garden log

I don't keep a log but should. I agree starting too early is not always good. In a normal winter with lots of cold, dreary days, those first sunny warm days really stir me up and make me want to start seeds. I guess I haven't had my normal "cold treatment" lol. I want to start planting but not as excited as usual. :-?

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I haven't done the best job at keeping one, I start every season and I seem to get busy and think I will go write that thought or info down as soon as I get back to the greenhouse...So this year I am trying to do better BECAUSE I don't have the info stuck in my head or on paper so I can refer back to it.

4. Coppice

Coppice In Flower

Yes, :) Yes there is a test.

The good news is your journal is already posted here by you. :)

The bad news is the test is all essay questions...

Advertisement