The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Moving some of the furniture from up-stairs to new bed room. BIL trimmed closet doors.Carpet looks real nice. If no rain. plant rest of hostas . DH and DS putting new grill together. lot of screws. See if we grill tonight. :?:

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Another hot and dry one just like most of the last 3 months. I was really hoping that the beginning of Sept would hold some hope for better weather. hahaha. But out of the coming 7 days 5 of them will only see a high of 97 so I guess that's a good thing. :rolleyes:

Going to visit with Randy's parents today, see you all later tonight.

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday afternoon. I was able to get about half of the mowing done this morning before the rains returned. So far, just under 2 inches... and that's ontop of the 1/4 inch yesterday afternoon. The ground is good and saturated so there's lots of standing water. Guess I won't be doing any more mowing today! Hopefully it'll clear off later on so I can get the BBQ grill going. I've got a rack of baby back ribs that are marinating. I can wait until tomorrow if I have too... but it sure would be nice to get them done today. I'm hungry!!!! :D

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all, and Happy Labor Day! Moving my son to his dorm room today so its bitter sweet... sad he'll be away but happy he will be working towards a career. A bit of packing left to do and then we are on our way. Have a great day all :)

Frank likes this.

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Monday morning (and Labor Day to us in the US). I bbq'd my ribs yesterday while there was a break in the rain (yes... another 2 inches of the stuff). And so far today, not a cloud in the sky! I'm sure happy to see the sun again! I need to finish mowing, but it's still a little too wet, so I'm going to let the sun do it's thing for a couple of hours. And in the meantime, I really to do some housecleaning. I should have done it yesterday, but I just had a major case of the laziness.
    Yippee... sunshine :stew2: :stew2:

6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Last day of summer before starting back to work. Think I'll just be lazy the rest of the day. :stew1:

7. toni

Good afternoon all. 97 degrees right now but thankfully the humidity is low enough to prevent having a heat index greater than the temp....still feels like 97 degrees though.

We went to breakfast this morning then to Lowe's. Oh Mercy!! The garden center was filled with gorgeous plants and I, of course bought several and some seeds for a Fall garden and a new birdfeeder for $1.50.
    Now I just need the temperatures to take a dive and let me get outside.

8. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Mmmm dinner of champions! Grilled cheese and wine :D

81º and partly cloudy this evening. Not much goin on. Worked a 5 hour shift this morning and have the rest of the evening free. Installed a curtain rod for my new curtains in my "new" bedroom (Im not with Bob anymore so I moved rooms...he has yet to move out!). It used to be my room years ago. its been a storage room since I moved back in, so now Im fixing it back up.
    Going back to playing WoW now Ive checked in...see ya! :)

9. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 19°C and muggy. Got my son settled in his dorm yesterday now the rest is up to him. Today my schedule changes a little and I'm also putting my daughter on the bus, Then its off to work. Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning and back to work. Temps in the lower 90s with a 50% chance of rain. I'd gladly give anyone my share... the ground is still saturated... and my pepper plants are droopy from all the moisture. The flowers are loving it! Me too... haven't had to drag out the hoses in almost a week. :stew2:

11. toni

Good morning all. Well, I will be dragging hoses tomorrow, no rain in our forecast until the slight 30% chance on Sept 10th. There are pop-up showers that could happen but those are usually hit or miss (and typically MISS my yard) and drop less than 1/2 inch when they are are finished. I need to drain one of the rain barrels out back on the Fig tree again. But since we also save the warming-up water from showers and my daughter has a dehumidifier in her room that gives a couple of gallons of water every 2-3 days, I should be able to refill that one long before we get enough rain to do it. :rolleyes:

12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 14°C and dark. Haven't found a new routine yet ... starting work a half hour later because of the darker mornings, and trying to figure out how to get home before my daughters bus gets here. It might take a few days to figure it all out. Seems odd without my son home, but he's getting into his own new routine at College. Have a great day all :)

13. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Temps seem to be a little cooler with highs around 93F. I was actually able to get in most of a walk yesterday... that is until it started raining. Yep... about another 3/4 inch of the wet stuff.

14. toni

Good morning all. Got the sprinkler running on the north shade bed, will turn on the one in the front yard soon. Only have until 10 to water.

The forecast last night sent me into a depression....they have taken rain out of the forecast on the 10th and now we are looking at 97-100 degree temps (except for Sunday when the temp should only be 91) and no rain for at least the next 2 weeks.

15. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I was going to do some transplanting today but the 7 day weather report is predicting temperatures in the mid to upper 70's so I better hold off for a while. Darn! that means I have to do house work!