The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Frank, sorry to hear about the rough dentist visit. I have to be pretty medicated before I can even go in the door of the dentist office :eek:

We are heading back down to Randy's folks today. We, his sister and her husband are combining effort and dollars to have new flooring put in their family room for their anniversary so today we meet to empty the room and remove the carpet. Should be a long and busy day.
    See you all tonight.

Frank likes this.
  2. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Oh gosh Netty, it sounds like you are playing a Goldilocks game with the skating schedule - so yep, theoretically, third try (next year?) should be "just right". :)

Ooooo, sorry your appointment didn't go easier, Frank
    Stay the course, the results will be worth it. :like:

Try not to over-do today Toni, remember that you are still recovering from the soreness of all of that garden work.

As for me - I'm like a broken record ... It's . STILL . raining . :confused:

Frank likes this.
  3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! The rain has arrived after a few days away. The cows were a bit hesitant to walk back in the field after milking today as the field was so muddy. I think we are promised another wet day tomorrow but maybe Wednesday will be dry again. Us Irish love talking about the weather :D

Have a great start to your week all!

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently just 9°C and raining! Finally some RAIN! Off to work, where today we begin decorating for fall. Have to pick up the Mum's, the gourds and pumpkins and the straw. The corn is already cut and bundled and ready to go. The hard part is gathering all the things needed. Oh, and tonight we begin SKATING, for sure this time ;) Have a great day all!

Advertisement
  5. toni

Good morning all. I don't think I will work in the yard today, unless I find some little piddlin' things to do. Didn't do a whole lot of work at the in-laws yesterday but was hunkered down with hammer and pry bar pulling up tack strips around part of the room and the hallway.....my left knee was speaking to me in a less than friendly manner after that. We got down there about 11 and Randy's sister, who is many years younger had all the carpet out and most of the padding already, that was a major relief. His parents were so cute....we had to keep chasing them out of the room so they finally sat in the entrance way and applauded the workers.

Today will be laundry and updating my gardening plans. Very overcast and the humidity is climbing. Not expecting rain until maybe Friday and then only about 1/2 inch. I want a little of what Zuzu's having dagnabbit!!

6. zuzu's petals

And oh how happy I'd be to share, Toni. :smt042
    There's certainly been plenty for us both! We've totaled 13 inches in our gauge just Fri-Sun, and we had already measured 3+ inches earlier in the week.
    Today, so far, the rain has been on and off, and even short breaks are a relief - but the wind is definitely kicking up, so one of the biggest local concerns now is trees toppling over since the ground here is beyond saturated with more standing/flood water than I can remember seeing since Hurricane Floyd.

It looks like I should have spent less time gardening this summer, and more time building an ark. :shrug:

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday afternoon. Geez... I can't believe I haven't checked in here in weeks!!
    Our weather is gorgeous right now with temps ranging from low 60s to mid 80s and LOW humidity.
    My flower beds are still being ravaged by armadillos, so no Fall planting for me. No gardening at all actually for a while, unless you count digging up my mums and putting them in pots "gardening".
    Hogs are back too. Might have to try some different slop, they just aren't going after the corn like the first set.
    Just held another plant sale yesterday, sold 40 out of 44 plants and made $241 dollars for the church. And can you believe someone stole a plant??? And this was at the church!!!! Bad karma is going to get them for sure.:smt093
    I meant to take a photo of my booth, but just plain forgot to do it.
    Work is still very busy. Even interviewing for an assistant for myself. Maybe then I'll have more time to goof off??:)

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 12°C and foggy. Skating went well last night except for a huge blister on my daughters foot from her new skates. I bought them for her in July and told her to wear them around the house all summer to break them in ... I guess she didn't bother. I hope it is healed up for tomorrows skating class! Just saw South Carolina and the flooding on the news ... I hope you are high and dry Zuzu! Off to work where the fall clean up continues. Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Another gorgeous day ahead!

10. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 11°C and clear. Our high is expected to be 19°C today, and that is above 'normal'. Getting an early start today to make up for the extra hour I am missing this afternoon when I go get my car fixed. Fall decorating continues today, and fall cleanup as well. Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning!

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sun is shining. A beautiful day is coming. Tomorrow......thunderstorms!

13. toni

Morning all. Summer appears to be making an encore presentation, pushy old broad that she is, she just can't stand to see someone else on the stage so she and her 90+ temps are returning to center stage. Spring will be her stand in on Saturday with temps only around 83, but, after her brief respite, Summer will return to center stage for a 4 day run of temps around 95. But it looks like Spring will return and will eventually, begrudgingly, turn the stage over to Autumn sometime during last week of October.

But neither of these Prima Donnas is even thinking about sharing the stage with the beautiful, flowing Rain. It does appear that Rain is persistent enough to make herself known for 3 ever so short appearances during the last week of October. But since she has had so little experience on stage during the past several months her skills are not as finely honed as the old crones of Summer and Spring so that part of the presentation has not been added definitely to the October program.

marlingardener likes this.
  14. zuzu's petals

It seems absolutely surreal to actually see blue sky and sunshine today! :smt041 I'm happy dancing.
    Yesterday, things began to improve with on-and-off showers, and FINALLY, today is the first rain-free day since ... ugh, o_O I can hardly remember when!

Thank you, Netty, :) yes, we are extremely grateful to be among the very lucky ones in this region, our home stayed dry.
    It remains to be seen how some of the more wet-feet-sensitive plants will fare over the long run, but for the most part, our property only requires some tidying (which may take us old geezers a while to accomplish :smt037), but when we watch the news coverage, it's hard to complain about that.

We are very glad that we do not need to travel far from home over the next couple of days, because there are many major roadways which are still under water - and some which have collapsed or have been undermined so badly that they have had to be closed for safety's sake.
    That kind of damage will continue as the floodwaters work their way down the rivers and waterways.

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently just 3°C and cloudy. We managed to get all the fall decorating done except for one Mantle, which I will do on Friday morning. This weekend is Thanksgiving here, and so the resort will be full, and we want it all looking festive. Today, the fall cleanup continues.
    Glad you are getting some better weather Zuzu. I can't think of the last time we had rain here! There never seems to be balance in the world, does there?
    Have a great day all :)