The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -7°C and sunny. We had snow squalls all day yesterday and overnight, which dumped a lot of snow on us. Hubby is outside plowing the driveway, and I have already shoveled out the mailbox. I went and did my errands and shopping yesterday, not knowing how bad the storm would be. I am glad as I can now stay home and 'putter' around the house. Have a great day all :)

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. A little chilly this morning at 37 deg, should reach 44 for a high. No moisture, which is really becoming a problem here and the drought map is expanding the area of Sever Drought closer and closer to my yard. Wildfires out west are becoming an issue too.

Islandlife, would that it were so simple.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  3. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently just -11°C with a windchill of -20°C. At least the sun is shining. BRRRR!
    Finally used up the last garden squash yesterday, made a squash casserole and froze the rest. Have all my favorite seed catalogs and so it is time to start looking for seeds for this years garden. Perfect kind of day to curl up by the fire with my tea and blanket and cataloges :)

4. toni

Good morning all. 25 deg (-3C) here today, cloudy with a north wind but it looks like all the wintery precip stayed up in Oklahoma or just along the Tx-Okla border as predicted. Darn, I was hoping Mother Nature would slip a little down my way just to cheer me up.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hello there...after a cold day in the lottie I am settling down to watch the European All-round Speed-skating Championships...Food and skating---I am in heaven.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  6. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

It's been raining more hours than not since new years eve. They dont call us the soggy south for nuthin' I put on my boots and picked our friends that were visiting 3 bags of citrus and 6 nanners we have hanging on our patio to ripen. This morning I took 4 nanners and 3 large eggs and put em in a blender ya pulse till it becomes mush then blend till it increases in size. Then ya poor from the blender jar into a hot buttered pan and make pancakes. ya may hafta reattach the jar to the blender and woop some more air in as ya go. Then eat em with butter and syrup like any other pancake. They are delicous. If ya using regular store bought nanners use 1 per egg ours are smaller fat plantains so we adjust.

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good heavens, it is 16 degrees out there--brrrrrrrrr! We had a heat band on the chickens' waterer and heat lamps on in both coops, but I was anxious about them so I went out earlier than usual. Most were still asleep on their high perch, basking in the heat of the lamp. I was shivering while I filled the feeder and checked to make sure everything was fine. The hens just watched me, then hit the feed.
    The shallow end of the pond is frozen, something which has happened only twice since we moved here, and the birds are coming in to feed in droves.
    One more day of this ungodly weather, and then we get back to normal. It can't come too soon for me!

8. toni

GOOOD MORNING all, snow is quickly leaving the scene, darn it. The low last night was 17 and hasn't gotten above freezing yet today. I am loving this weather, it has been roughly 6 years since we had actual winter weather here and the weather guy just hinted that there is another round coming in a few days. Yeeehaww!!!

I will try to keep it all up here, Jane, but I can't promise some of it won't slip past my guards and reach you again.

9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

yep Jane... even colder here... and thank the good Lord above only for a few more days, but then back to rain... slop slop slop!

10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, I appreciate your efforts (especially if they are successful!). We are officially above freezing now at 12:48 p.m. The thermometer is registering 32.5 degrees but I swear it doesn't feel any warmer than the 16 degrees. I think we are used to the warm Texas weather!

11. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -16°C but feeling more like -23°C! Brrrrr!
    Spent the day yesterday at a skating seminar run by my daughters skating club. It was a great day! Went shopping afterwards, for some lunch food for school this week. Darling daughter was very sad when she realized that her holidays were almost over! We are going to spend the day around the house today. Have a great day all :)

12. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast. I've been to the laundromat already, had my shower and am finally sitting down with my coffee. I have lots of cleaning to do today, and also some banking. Kitchen floor needs a good scrubbing too. Sargent is very hyper today, and so I am not sure how much work I will be able to get done... he likes to attack the broom, vaccuum, and mop :rolleyes:. Have a great day all :)

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We are finally out of the deep freeze--45 degrees right now, and predicted to go up to mid-50's this afternoon. I got to put the wash on the clothesline--whoopee! Husband is out shredding the asparagus bed. Later this week I'll put compost on it, mixed with some aged chicken manure. We love fresh asparagus!
    Netty, I just finished scrubbing my kitchen floor and am waiting for it to dry. Amazing what gets tracked in (and ground in!) and we don't have a dog.
    Have a good Monday all.

14. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

morning yall its warmer sunny and nice out. The yard is still soggy but I uncovered the garden boxes since it aint posed to freeze again for a while. Most every thing seems to have survived but the beets look very shabby. Time will tell.

15. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -4°C and it's a blizzard out there! My daughter did a 'snow dance' when we got home from the arena last night, and I guess it worked ... snow day for the kids today! That could slow my cleaning progress today, as hubby is home too. Good day to be lazy, check out my seed catalogs and plan this years gardens. Have a great day all :)