The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 0°C and snowing. It is very wet snow, and I had to dry us both off with a towel after our walk this morning.
    Off to do my errands and shopping, have a great day all :)

2. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -2°C and snowing with frequent squalls. I have very little ambition and predict a lazy day ahead.
    Have a great day all :)

3. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -4°C and sunny. We haven't seen the sun for WEEKS!
    Yesterday was an early day ... daughter had a skating competition and we were up bright and early. She won silver.
    Today, I tried to sleep in, but the dog and cat would have no part of that. Now they have been fed, dog has been walked, and they are both sleeping and I am wide awake. I am wondering what I can do to keep them awake ... maybe I'll go jump on their head and meow in their ear :chuckle:

4. Netty

Wow, where did everyone go?
    Good Monday morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny. So nice to see the sun.
    Off to the laundromat as soon as my son gets home from work - I need to wash his uniform.
    After that, I have some baking to do and then dinner to make and skating tonight.
    My life is so thrilling :chuckle:
    49 days until spring.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -11°C and overcast. Snow storm in our forecast for later this afternoon and tonight, and daughter is already hoping for a snow day tomorrow.
    Today, my Cricut machine is supposed to arrived via Purolater. I have already got my first project planned.

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Spent some time in the garden but realized that unless I am willing to spend a few days scraping up fallen leaves there really isn't much I can do out there since we actually have some winter weather coming next week and the nurseries do not have any good plants in yet. I do have some re-arranging of the hard-scape to do so I guess that should be on the list for the next few weeks.

7. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all! Currently 4°C and snowing.
    My cricut machine was delivered yesterday, and I only had a little time to try it out. Today, I will try to make a birthday card for a friend.
    I could see this being addicting! Have a great day all :)

8. toni

Good morning all. Feb 1st and as popular as looking forward to Spring is with most people, this is just a continuation of 'not as hot as Summer' for me. I would love to have a change of scenery outside....clouds to start with, maybe some rain, maybe even some rain that turns to sleet or better yet a little more snow than last month. Wouldn't have to be much to beat last month....anything more than 1/10th of an inch (.254 c.) would be great, not likely but great. In 1978, every Saturday morning in February dawned with 2 inches of fresh new snow.... I think I might paint a mural on the windows to make it look like that again.

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We now have three raised beds behind the barn, and the rest of the area is tilled and ready to plant! I managed to get more of the back flowerbed cleaned out before the wind blew me away, and there are three 5 gallon pails if compost ready to spread where needed. The rest is still in the compost pile, but three pails was all the "oomph" I could muster!

10. Netty

I envy you gals in Texas being able to work in your gardens. I have layers and layers of snow on mine and they are frozen solid. It's a chore just going outside ... layers and layers of clothing so thick I can barely move! I dream of being able to shovel compost!!
    Good Thursday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast again...sigh ... it was nice to see the sun on Monday. Hope it comes back soon.
    Off to do my errands and shopping, and a special trip to the craft store for some cricut supplies hehe

11. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -9°C and sunny. Yes, SUNNY! But darn cold with the wind chill.
    Had a very frustrating dog walk this morning ... pup was acting up and wasn't listening. Even tried chasing the cars/truck/school bus/ snowplow truck that passed us! Grrr ... back to training the basics I think. I'm going to make some cards today with my cricut, while I still have the free trial of design space. It will be good practice.

12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Chilly and overcast this morning, so no outside work. Cleaning house, and tackling organizing the pantry--it has gotten a bit out of hand (probably those playful invisible gremlins that live here and constantly make messes). Think I'll get a start on baking Valentine cookies this afternoon.

13. toni

Netty I really envy you from May through September when you are able to work in the garden and not pass out from heat stroke. With the warm and dry fall and winter we have had there is a fore-boding about what Spring and especially Summer will bring us this year.

We are taking off on a junque trip tomorrow..up to Muzzy's in Greenville. It is a large shop of Junque...I got my car door there two years ago and some old tin ceiling tiles. I need more of the ceiling tiles for the two doors Randy is going to build for me this Spring. We have gone so long without a junquing road trip we might not remember how to act. Oh, I remember now, I find good junque and Randy pays, that how we do it.:scheming:

Netty likes this.
  14. CJay

CJay In Flower

Good morning all. Its 19 degrees F and even after more than a month out of work I still manage to wake up at 4 am.

And Im still stuck in the hospital. But atleast I'm still pregnant.

Netty likes this.
  15. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Morning Cjay... been thinking about you and hoping all was as well as could be. Keeping you in my prayers.